, Netflix disabled the option to Manage Netflix ready devices and computers

As of yesterday, Netflix disabled the option to Manage Netflix ready devices and computers.In the past you could see all your activated devices, and which device had watched what (something as a parent you would be looking for), and even preventing your account from being used without authorization, i.e.

you kid goes somewhere else, and their friend get the login and password. Recently I found that my child's friend was the one viewing material I did not wish my children to see and I deactivated that device and changed my account password. Now that ca't be done.

I called Netflix to complain, and they took my feedback.I have no idea why they would eliminate this option, but for parents it a real deal breaker.

More Review Details

Helpful? 102 Yes 102 84 No 84
Had the same issue 39 Yes 39
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 09 #1017458

Bring it BACK.!

0 1 Reply

Jun 14 #995146 Wigan, Wigan

It was a helpful aspect because you could access the device list from anywhere, now if I need to see who is using my account e.g unwelcome friends, I can't!
How am I supposed to keep my account 'safe' when I can't deactivate a device without doing it to all devices. Other people in my family use the same account and they don't know the password, it causes more hassle logging back in to each account, than it does to deactivate one account. Netflix should reinstate this feature.

netflixiscrooked

Dec 12, 2014 #915013 Somerset, Massachusetts

They're doing it to allow the heart bleed virus to steal our identities they're doing it on purose.

1 2 Reply

Jun 14 #995148 Wigan, Wigan

What is 'heart bleed virus', is it something I should be concerned about?

0 0 Reply
Guy from a foreign country

Oct 26, 2014 #890945

Yes it's a real annoyance, in my case: being a 16yo guy paying for Netflix myself, I have someone whose using my account and I have my suspicions on who it might be, and the fact that they've removed the option to check is really annoying!

fuck you

Mar 14, 2014 #795015

Hopefully NETFLIX Headquarters is bombed soon.

4 9 Reply
OMGshNicholas

Oct 11, 2013 #728097

Lord. If you people are getting the error message "too many devices are in use" then stop handing out your netflix passwords.
It's one household per account. If you have devices at home with netflix, a phone, and a tablet, then you should be fine.

If you are so loose with your passwords that you need to log on to see who is on your account that YOU PAY MONEY FOR, then you're obviously an irresponsible adult and shouldn't complain.
It's your fault.

Yes it would nice for you to be able to see the exact devices that are logged in, but for people complaining about security and all that, that's not netflix's issue. Thats a you issue.

3 36 Reply
hmh

May 26, 2014 #820426

hey compadre, i dont know if you've noticed but a household has many many many devices, i have my netflix in my computer, my wii, my ps3, iphone, ipad, whatever else and guess what? even if i've signed out of all of them the "too many devices" problem is still there. but oh my what if i got hacked? what if netflix has an error and does not compute that i am not watching anything, don't you think that can be solved with a better customer service? Even IF i gave out my password, what is so wrong with letting my sister who has moved, or a boyfriend use my netflix for them to watch a movie huh? and dont let me even begin to tell you how *** internet security is.

8 0 Reply

Jun 26, 2014 #832641

Oh, the stupidity!

3 0 Reply
Pissedd

Aug 12, 2013 #698511

my Netflix kept saying that there were too many devices watching it at one time. I then went to my account settings and clicked "sign out of all devices" after that I went to watch a movie and it kept saying the same thing, now im pissed. I want all activated devices deactivated so I can watch my movies. how do I get all devices off of my account? or can someone please give me the contact information for Netflix so I can ask them myself. please and thank you!

1 2 Reply

Oct 16, 2013 #729940

So.. wait a second. You have the Internet right? And you're able to post on here, right?

But you don't have the ability to search for a phone number for Netflix? LMFAO.

3 7 Reply

Jul 04, 2013 #674289 Phoenix, Arizona

no joke. I am paying for netflix and was kind enough to provide my roommate with the password. Now im out of town and I cant watch my own netflix. Since there is no way to boot any other device from my account so I can watch a *** movie I think I will cancel. Sorry netflix, goodbye.

3 0 Reply
dodie

May 15, 2013 #651500 Sydney, Nova Scotia

well I can't deactivate Netflix...can't find a code in Netflix...can't get on Netflix...can't manage devices in Netflix......not to mention....Netflix is not even worth the money they are asking. The movies are older than dirt...because if you haven't seen them...you live in a cave!!!...Time to go back to downloading up-to-date movies.Less frustrating and better quality :zzz :zzz :zzz

Kelly

Dec 05, 2012 #578613

I just talked to them two nights ago and the guy on the phone said there was no way to disconnect one device without disconnecting them ALL unless I was in front of the device. Well, hello!!! That's the freaking problem! He went on to say that senior citizens are the ones that call not knowing what they did on their online account and since they called so much, NF decided to change it. Okay???? So it's MY fault that people can't read where to disconnect things and where they can't?! I told them that it's so *** that they have a link titled "Manage Devices" when I can't manage any of them! I'm calling them again to complain! And again and again. Ugh.

Nuck FetFlix

Oct 03, 2012 #550243

I cannot believe the audacity of Netflix. I had like 12 people I know signed up on netflix accounts, then the dipshits decided to double charge last year and nearly all of them canceled.... Including me. After 6 months I added streaming only. I only have a few devices and the INABILITY to understand what the FUnk is going on is more upsetting than the fact that I keep getting errors for too many viewers. This is utter BS and I cannot believe there is no option to opt out of the *** Disconnect all......
Nuck FetFlix!! Too *** for their own good.

Bob

Sep 12, 2012 #540989

WtTF is Netflix thinking of by not letting concerned parents view wots being viewed on a device and by who ???? If this is not sorted ASAP then I will be cancelling my account so come Netflix SORT IT..........l.

pissedasshole

Jul 21, 2012 #516780

YOU HAD NO RIGHT TO DO THIS NETFLIX I PAY YOU *** MONEY!!!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW A BUSINESS WORK IN TERMS OF CUSTOMER SATISFACTION? APPARENTLY NOT!! KEEP DOING DUMB *** MOVES AND YOU WILL SEE A LARGE CHANGE IN THE AMOUNT OF CUSTOMERS YOU HAVE :( :( :(

2 2 Reply
Ross

Jul 17, 2012 #514751

I talked with a representative tonight about disconnecting one device and he said that the other way had a lot of problems. They are working on it and are going to be bringing it back, but at the moment, there are a couple of ways to deactivate the device: "Deactivate All" button or searching the Netflix help for your brand of device (I just typed in "disconnect" and it brought up a bunch of devices). Just search for your device and follow the steps! Hope this helps!

0 0 Reply
Josh 2

Jun 23, 2012 #501053

Agreed. This is absurd! It makes no sense at all why netflix would remove the option to view all devices. I cant watch any movies right now because "your account is in use on too many devices"...WTF!?! Well maybe if I could see the devices, I could figure out what the problem is. But now, I apparently have to disable all my devices and then reactivate them all again. C'mon Netflix! Fix this problem. There was no reason to remove the option in the first place.

Bill

Mar 11, 2012 #447014

yeah this is bull ***.

1-20 of 25 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.