NETFLIX TOO BIG FOR BRITCHES

For years I had both a DVD-by-mail and streaming account with Netflix. When I cancelled the streaming portion a year ago, I realized that not only was I unable to stream videos instantly (which was exactly what I wanted when I cancelled), but I can't even access their streaming video library. I was considering re-subscribing to that service but since I can't access the library to determine if there's anything there I'm interested in watching, they lose my business. So, I contacted their customer service department on the telephone and connected with an *** named Drew, whose head is much bigger than the brain contained in it. I felt I had valuable marketing feedback to offer. If I were part of Netflix management, I'd be very interested in this kind of feedback. But nooooo, Drew wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise, didn't care what I had to say, was rude, pushy, consistently talked over me, and obviously wanted to get me off the phone as quickly as possible. The only slightly "helpful" thing he had to say was that the information could be found on a completely different website. WHY? Why should I have to hunt for that information? Why should I have to go elsewhere to find Netflix info? Completely inefficient. There's a big hole in the Netflix boat and nobody's bothering to patch it. I hope they all drown when the ship goes down. *** Netflix (and you too, Drew)!

If you do not pay for streaming of cause they are going to remove it from your account. Of cause you will only see movies you have access to.

It is that way with all services not just Netflix.

If you had access to the streaming movies you would be on here complaining that you can't watch a movie that they are showing available. It does not seem like you have a brain.

ID
#332095 Review #332095 is a subjective opinion of poster.
San Diego, California

Sorry *** customer support

My bill was late this month so I understood they would turn off my service (they did), but I also understood that I could go put $10.00 on my pre-pay card (which is what I use instead of using my actual bank card) and turn it right back on right? WRONG! Never think anything is just 'that easy!' After I payed the bill I watched two episodes of one of my show. When I go to watch the third episode it tells me that there is a billing problem. A *** BILLING PROBLEM?!?!?! I looked at my pre-paid card and seen the $7.99 being taken out from Netflix so it was time to call them to see what the *** was going on. I'm a very polite, and soft spoken person (even when upset) so I was surprised that even though I wasn't being an ***, this *** on the other side of the phone was playing it off like it was a joke. This is what she said "Well, each month it verifies your card before it bills you. That 7.99 will be back into your account within 24 hours." Now keep in mind I only put $10.00 on my card (just enough to pay Netflix) but they have to verify it BY TAKING MONEY OUT AND THEN TAKING THE ACTUAL BILL AMOUNT OUT AFTERWARDS!! After about ten minutes on the phone this women had done the impossible. She had started to give me a headache with all that babble talk. "Look lady. Cancel my membership." I said very frustrated at this point. "Okay, your membership has been canceled -chuckle chuckle- if you ever want to come back with us -chuckle chuckle- you need to read the Terms of Service." The chuckling finally sent me into a rage. You won't have to worry about that you *** ***. -slammed phone down- That was my first (and last) experience with Netflix customer service (if you want to call it that.) I've been a member for over four years and this is the thanks I get. Well, screw the *** out of that.

So let me get this straight. They tool the full amount of the membership charge from your card as a "verification of the card" and they verify the card every single month??

So they were going to take out $7.99 and then just put it back?

Why would anyone want to pay for this service?

I'm glad I've never wasted my money on this company. I automatically assume they will find some way to gyp me and this situation just confirms my assumtion.

Nashville, Tennessee

Netflix? - Be Careful!

Netflix raised there prices without notifying me. I rarely look at me credit card bills and started Netflix in 2009. They said they sent me notification (which I never received) and doubled my pricing for a year! When I called them to find out what was going on they said they sent me an e-mail and blah blah blah that talking to a manager would do no good. I originally signed up for $8.99/month nothing more, they had been charging me almost $17.00 for around a year! I explained that I would not continue with them unless they credited me back for my original price. They said they would not do that and I cancelled and will not return. I WILL NOT EVER USE NETFLIX AGAIN.

You both are wrong. Netflix did not send out a notification until after it raised the price and the CEO was getting heat for it.

dude25 and sessa i bet you both work for netflix. sorry to say your company sucks and the movies they have sucks blockbuster is 100times btter

Sessa bet me to it. I was going to ask you the same thing.

Were you hiding under a rock? Everybody knew the prices were going up. Since they had not raised prices in 10 years it looked like it was going up a lot. Most companies raise prices each year a little at a time.

So I understood the need to raise prices. The service was split and the only people who saw an increase were those that were getting DVD by mail. The sperated the two services. Anyways you should have noticed it the first month when you got your credit card statement and at that time you could have cancelled.

I look at every charge on my credit card statement and know what I have been charged for.

Netflix is not your mommy who will remind you to look at your statement. That is your responsiblity.

Have you been living under a rock? Yes, Netflix raised prices, it was big news and yes, subcribers WERE notified.

I'm guessing that someone who rarely looks at their credit card bills (WTF?) bothered to pay attention to any notification. It's not the fault of Netflix that you have paid no attention.

San Diego, California

Netflix now has ads that drive me crazy!

Recently i went on netflix and discovered that ads have been placed in many inconvient places on the website. While trying to stream American Dad! on my laptop, the ads kept getting in the way. The ads are placed awkwardly at the top of the screen and do not allow you to scroll away from them. You may not even use the full screen option to watch your shows, and if that's not bad enough the bottom of the screen is cut off! This is rediculous and completely not worth the money that i pay. i'm very disapointed in netflix and feel as if i have been ripped off.

I just realized it but my Netflix is advertising Facebook now too. Honestly Netflix what the ***.

Do you not make enough money off of us you have to advertise Facebook and take their money. Knock it off or I am going to Amazon.

Wow people don't scan their computers for viruses or adware these days. In case you need help being pointed in the right direction, most likely your browser has been hijacked.

Google it, and read about hijacked browsers. Have you tested other browsers? Have you booted into safemode with networking to see if the browser is still hijacked? Have you logged into other user account profiles and tried to stream?

Netflix doesn't advertise anything other than their own shows, but they don't do it WHILE you are streaming, that is HULU that does.

Use your head Next time! If you disagree, screenshot or frapps it and make a youtube video, I'll gladly view it and tell you if it is legit or you are just unintelligent.

Yeah - thought it was Netflix running the cheesy ads.

Like the other poster said, you can go into Silverlight, go to last tab, and delete Netflix storage

Netflix is dying fast and the worst thing they could possibly do is to try and start getting a few extra bucks by running web ads on their site to paying customer accounts. I'm about ready to drop my account, I'm actually amazed they are doing this ad bull *** to paying customer accounts! It's like their just trying to go belly up.

at the bottom of my netflix page is an ad asking me to share my favorite shows with friends on face book and i cannot remove it. i don't have friends on facebook because i don't have or want face book how do i get rid of this ad

If you have IE 9, go to setting, manage add ons... click tool-bars and extensions and disable Premiumplay Codec-C.

Close the browser and reopen it.

Go to netflix and load a movie and it's gone!

For Chrome, in my settings > extensions, there was a something called "Codec - V" which I disabled, and now the banners are gone. Try disabling anything that looks unfamiliar to you.

#520603

did you find a solution. i recently had the same problem. A virus scan did not detect it.

I also got this B.S. advertisement and i went into silverlights settings and deleted the sites in its list and that took care of i believe it was the last tab in the pop up settings window from right clicking on the movie while playing then closed the browser and restarted netflix

I do not know what you are talking about. I do not see any adds when watching Netflix.

I've run multiple scans using both Norton and Malwarebytes, uninstalled and re-installed Silverlight, and re-scanned both Silverlight and my computer and I'm still seeing these *** ads. Do you know of any alternatives?

View more comments (11)
Freeport, New York

Netflix ripped me off

After Netflix increased their subscription price I put my membership on hold. After 6 months Netflix reactivated my account and charged me for another full month. I immediately cancelled my account, but since I was already charged it remained active for one more month. I added movies to my *** for the remaining month but Netflix will not send any more dvd's even though they have already charged me for another full month. No wonder so many consumers have cancelled their Netflix account. They SUCK and have sunk their once well floating ship. If you plan to put your account on hold, save yourself one step and at least one additional month's charge; JUST CANCEL. RIP a..holes!

Read the term of service agreement we all sign. That will explain that you will not receive refund and your service will be cut off at once. If you cancel do so at the end of your membership month before you are billed for the next month.

Netflix has changed their policy and they no longer sens an email warning of when they will reactivate the account.

The real lesson is check your e-mail.

I put my account on hold 3 or 4 times before cancelling and every time they've e-mailed me with a 2 week notice letting me know my account will be activated (which will incur a charge) if I don't take any action, and they clearly state which date this will happen on. Plenty of time to cancel without being charged.

Bonita Springs, Florida
Loss

Unable to watch anything on netflix

I have tried all day to watch something on netflix and all I get is (movie not available at this time). Whats going on? The week-ends always seem to the worst time to try and watch movies. I also have a lot of problems with loss of streaming signal and have to constantly restart movies. I have been a customer with netflix for over 6 years and it seems like the bigger the company gets the service gets poorer. Netflix advertisments state how easy and convienent streaming movies is but I get real annoyed with the constant problems I am experiencing.
Kalamazoo, Michigan

Movie selection

You don't have house of 10000 corpses by rob zombie or it's alway sunny in philadelphia ! What do I pay u for! I pay for everything else . I am extremely upset about this. If u do not get these shows I will be forced to cancel my supscriptio ! Ahhhhhj ahhhhjhh akkkjjjjjjkkkkk fix this !!!Ah uh l Los Los Los Veronica I'll I'll here money , fix this problem! Fix the problem , fix the problem , fix the problem , fix the problem, fix the problem , fix ths problem , fix the problem, fix the problem, fix the problem !! Fix it!

sessa, there IS a problem whenever there's a movie you want to see & you go into Netflix thinking it's going to be there after you seen that it had just came out on blu-ray/DVD & whenever you type in the name of it,find & scroll down you see that it's NOT out yet on Netflix.So you're saying to contact the studios & gripe them out about it? I'd love to, they make too much off of us anyway so it'd be great to be able to give them a piece of my mind :D

I believe that for the money I'm paying each month $27.98 for 3 DVD's out at a time plus streaming I should be able to get the movies I want to see whenever they come out on blu-ray & DVD not whenever Netflix decides it's going to let us see them. It's getting to the point to where I should just pay my satellite company the $8 a movie if they've got one that's out that I want to see so Netflix might be losing some business & that almost $30 will be going somewhere else...

going to check & see if Blockbuster has the movies I want to see, if they do it's possibly buh-bye Netflix & somebody said something about Netflix getting too big for it's britches? that's a major understatement if I ever heard one!

Actually that is not true. I had netflix before and it had a large amount of current movies on it that I loved.

Then they tried the whole business split with the dvd only and streaming only and since that time their selection has sucked.

Movies that I had in my streaming instant *** suddenly "disappeared" and became dvd only. It is a marketing racket and netflix is horrible now.

Fix the problem? There is no problem!

These selections ARE available on dvd from Netflix. Studios decide whether or not to license their movies/shows for streaming, not Netflix.

Everyone is so freaking entitled. Stop whining!!

View more comments (3)
Livingston, New Jersey

How NETFLIX Lies to Every Customer

In their web page Q&A, they promise you this: Is Netflix really unlimited? Yes! Instantly watch as often as you want, anytime you want. In their agreement details, they say this: Right to Terminate We reserve the right to terminate or restrict your use of our service, without notice, for any or no reason whatsoever. Looks like a two-faced load of lying *** to me. Maybe I am wrong, but "Instantly watch as often as you want, anytime you want" is mutually exclusive of "We reserve the right to terminate or restrict your use of our service, without notice, for any or no reason whatsoever". By promising "Instantly watch as often as you want, anytime you want" puts them in breach the first time they enforce their membership terms. What a fraudulent lie.
#519501

Lance is flat-out wrong. My gf has a Netflix account and sometimes I use it at my house while she is watching something at her house.

It never causes a problem.

If anything IS suspended because you are watching two at once, it is likely with your ISP throttling traffic because your specific IP address is trying to stream too much from one source. Most ISPs have throttling like that.

How can you use/abuse Netflix? They are the ones that control the mailing so if you do not mail them back, you will not get the next in your ***.

I do not stream much but it seems to me that they control that since you have to use their controls.

If you try to watch a second movie while the first is still running, it terminates the first and starts the second (I have confirmed this).

There is a signal nested in the stream that tells your computer not to duplicate or burn to a DVD so you can not pirate the movie, just watch it. (I know, there is someone out there that will say that they can but they are the ones that can probably copy anything anyway).

Lance

Good for you for reading the terms of service! No really, props to you!

However, this doesn't seem like a complaint.

I bet this is to prevent a pirate from sueing when they're terminated for copying material or if it goes out of business and people sue saying they cannot watch their favorite show. Grow a pair!

I do not know what you are talking about. I have had Netflix for 6 years and have never been terminated. That is for people who use misuse their service.

View more comments (3)
Sunnyvale, California

Netflix movie rental

Last week I dropped Netflix for dvd rental. I'm down to streaming only. Today I wanted to watch a Batman movie. Guess what. They dont have ANY. Not for dvd or streaming. I called them and was told that if I do not see any they dont have any. Hey,,, Great!!! Out of ALL the Batman movies made they dont have ANY. Why do I pay them at all. There top 10 movies for me. I would not watch any of them. They need lots of help. Better yet,,,,, they need to just start all over. From the top down!!!!!

I have both streaming and DVD Rental. I just went on the Netflix site and confirmed that ALL of the Batman movies are available on DVD. They are NOT available to be streamed.

So, I suspect that since you changed your account to streaming only, that it only searches for content that can be streamed.

The ability to stream a movie is NOT controlled by Netflix but the Studio that Released the DVD/Movie.

Maybe a nastygram to them is in order.

Lance

I have seen batman listed on their site. I have no desire to see batman but it is there. Do not blame netflix because you do not know how to look up a movie.

who watches batman unless there ***

Andover, Minnesota
Netflix Dvd Rental

No New Movies Streamed

Why is Netflix described as a "movie" subscription? I was so frustrated trying to locate recent movies (within the last year) that I Googled all the movies in 2011 (it's now July of 2012). Of the top 10 most popular movies last year, Netflix is streaming... none. So I searched the top movies of 2010. There was one (Iron Man 2). Thus far, Netflix has been able to add only ONE of the most popular movies from the last two years to it's streaming library. Harry Potter? There's seven movies in that series going back almost a decade. None are on Netflix streaming. It's only one of the top grossing book series AND movie series of all time, why would we expect to see it on a MOVIE service? I understand there are some licensing issues, but if Netflix can't get popular movies from two years ago, they should market themselves as "Streaming Television," or "Oldies" ... or "movies you've never heard of."

The Harry Potter movies are still selling great so why would the studio allow Netflix to stream the movies when they can sell them. The solution to your problem is to sign up for the DVD as well as streaming and you will have access to the latest movies. The studio decides when movies can be streamed and when the can not.

@PissedConsumer508170

/applaud. I thought this was common knowledge, but people still don't understand.

Netflix doesn't choose to NOT have every movie ever made in the existence of the planet, it is the studios that legally owned it. What if someone broke into your garage and started your car up, then drove off? Without gaining legal permission to do so?

You wouldn't be too happy about that would you? Studios are the same.

You say you understand there are licensing issues, but you don't really seem to. Try streaming any of those popular movies on Amazon streaming, guess what?

You can't.

I get the frustration, but it's the studios, not Netflix, Amazon, etc. that decide what's going to be available for streaming, rental, purchase, etc.

Washington, District Of Columbia
Netflix Streaming Service

I Agree - Netflix name "Long Wait"

From a 1999 BBC TV series to a Year Old US Tv Series - every response is "LONG WAIT". The price goes up - the service goes down. There must be altenatives . . . The poor Netflix person who answers the Contact Phone // all they can do is apologize. Obviously over the past year the CEO has blundered hugely - the stock price plummets, customers leave, but has customer service improved? Not at all. The CEO is the one I'd like to speak too. Of course, he will not even know of the complaints. Instead of "LONG WAIT" . . . just perhaps,just maybe Netflix could buy more copies of a popular DVD! What a radical idea!

THX1134 with Netflix's emanate demise. Redbox is the only real legitimate alternative to date.

I have a list of 12 DVDs (three not recent releases) in ***. Each one of them listed as "very long wait".

In January of 2012 I did not have any problems getting any DVDs from Netflix. Now the average turnaround time is 5 days. About four months ago I canceled the streaming service because there was not anything new on it. Currenlty, Redbox receives more recent releases most a month or two before Netflix.

With current turnaround time and seliction, I can drop by Redbox get more and newer DVDs for less money. If things do not change at Netflix in the next month, I will have no choice but to cancel my account.

I too have had Netflix for 6 years and have had no problem getting DVD's in the mail within 3 days and have always gotten the top of my list. Just recently they did not have my top movie so they sent the next 3.

I am on 3 dvd out.

I got an e-mail yesterday saying they found the movie I wanted to see at another one of their shipping centers sent me a nice apology as well as stated for the problem getting it to me they will send it as a fourth dvd. I did not even expect that so they do value their customers.

i was with Netflix for one year,had the streaming service.in the one year i was with them,i never saw new release movie.sure they added new movies,things i had already seen on cable.Epix i get with my cable,has as many movies as netflix,in fact the same ones.so i did away with netflix.if i want a cd,i will go to Red Box and get one. :cry

I'm generally puzzled by all the Netflix complaints, but I guess experiences vary. I've been a subscriber for 8 years and now have streaming as well as dvds.

I have NEVER had a problem with my streaming and my dvd turnaround is 3 days.

None of the dvds in my *** are currently showing any wait whatsoever, and the one time I had to call customer service the phone was answered promptly and my issue quickly resolved. It's just surprising to me how diffently some people's experiences are with the service, I'm still a Netflix lover.

View more comments (5)
Palisade, Colorado
Netflix Customer Care

WTF!!!! NETFLIX, SHOW ME THE NIPPLES!!!!

In detail? If you insist. Well, i like Tyler's nipples. I cant see his nipples. Therefore, i am PISSED OFF. WHAT KIND OF SICK PERSON DOESN'T LET ME WATCH TEEN WOOF!? NETFLIX, SUCK IT! OKAY, GOD BLESS. XOXO. P.S. TYLER, IF YOUR SEEING THIS...YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO. YOU...ME...MY BED... (; THEY SAY I NEED TO BE MORE DESCRIPTIVE. SO I WILL BE MORE DESCRIPTIVE: HOT, SWEATY, BUFF, YUMMMMMMMAY, SEXY, HIS MAN BO OBS ARE SCRUMDILIUMTIOUS, AND I WANT HIM IN MY PANTS. IN CONCLUSION, I STILL HATEEEE NETFLIX FOR NOT WORKING. AND I STILL LOVE TYLER FOR...WORKING...IF YOU KNOW WAHT I MEAN...(;

AMEN SISTAAA! I FEEL YO PAIN!

I MEAN, IF I COULDNT SEE DOSSE NIPPLES OF HIS, ID BE KINDA UPSET TOOOOOO. SO KEEP ON PREACHIN. THANK YOU FOR WRITIN DIS COMPLAINT.

LOVE YA.

:grin

Clarksville, Tennessee

Refused to give credit

I want you to know what a crock Netflix is when it comes to customer service. I went a month without being able to use the services because they did an update on the Sony TV's. It took over 6 hours worth of phone calls to finally get it fixed. I was told by a Netflix employee that because of the problems he would give me 2 months free service. I just got my bill and there wasnt a credit. I called Netflix and they said there arent any notes in my account so they refused to give me anything. I asked for a supervisor and Justin said unless it effected a large amount of people, they dont give out credits. Even though this was clearly their problem! I asked for his supervisor and he refused, saying he was at the top. They refused to do anything for us. In this day and age, and lack of customer service, you would think that companies would take customer service serious, but not Netflix.

It was not Sony. It was Netflix doing the update to their software that is on my Sony TV. The netflix engineer even admitted that it was on their side.

Ask Sony for a credit. It was their TV doing the update. For your information I always get a credit for service issues that is the fault of Netflix.

View more comments (1)
Seattle, Washington
Product
Netflix Account

Netflix sucks

I have used Netflix for several months I have only gotten a few DVD that were not broken or severely scratched I sent them back with note attach with the problem that I had (calling was a joke ). Today I got another broken DVD so I called and waited for a real person. Once I got a person then they gave me another person (I was upset by this time ) guess who they blamed ;that right the post office. Like its the post offices responsibility to check netflixs DVD. GET REAL DO YOUR JOB CHECK THE DVDS STOP PASSING THE RESPONSIBILITY OFF ON SOMEONE ELSE. If I screw up I on up

That problem does not require a phone call. Go to the movie you are having a problem with and click on report problem.

Check what the problem is or what is close to the problem if it is not listed. They will ask if you want a replacement say yes and you will have a new copy in about 3 days depending on where you live. Put the damaged DVD in its envelope and mail it back. They will ship your replacement before they receive your return.

I have done it several times but I very seldom get an unplayable disc. So stop acting like a baby.

Youngsville, Louisiana

Netflix movie rental

The 2012 Sherlock Holmes came out. I enjoyed the first one with Robert Downie Jr. so I wanted to check out this one. It was in Red Box but I get Netflix. OK,, go onto Netflix and order it. What do ya know. It comes out in Red Box aprox 45 days before Netflix has it. I called Netflix and they gave me some BS on contracts. OK,,, what ever. If I can get it from Red Box way before Netflix,,, why do I want Netflix. ANSWER,,, I don't. I "CANCELED" movie rental today!!! I am down to streaming only. I will be working on that too. These days there are to many ways go get a movie. I can also tell you from being a member of Netflix for years now that the turn around time for movies has about doubled. You can tell by the time between when you put the movie into the mail and the time Netflix checks it into there system. 6-28-12

The reason the Redbox gets DVD's before Netflix is that they will order the DVD's from Wal-Mart and put them in their machines. Netflix plays by the rules and gets the permission to rent them and Redbox does not.

If Redbox gets caught they will be in big trouble. Redbox will tell you that.

I am a big fan of the Sherlock Holmes movies. I have seen all of the old ones. Basil Rathbone is the best!!!

I have been with Netflix for many years now and they have been very good. The only complaint I have is that lately the first 30 or so movies on my *** are on the wait list.

Apparently Netflix is buying less movies, particularly new releases, causing a delay---in the 2-3 months timeframe---to get a movie. I suspect this strategy will come back to haunt them as people will eventually tire of the wait for even run of the mill movies.

As an aside, you should watch the BBC series "Sherlock" or any of the older Sherlock Holmes movies, especially the British-produced ones, not a juvenile-only movies like the Robert Downey version. If you put the "sherlock" DVD on your *** tho, it is still a "very long wait." Perhaps they only bought one of it.

Andover, Minnesota