Problem with Netflix

Starting at approximately 5:15 p.m.(for an hour or so) on July 17, 2011 the blurb unable to connect to Netflix and if problem continues - on your computer go to netflix.com/tvhelp. However, this problem does not occur frequently and in the past, if it has, it usually does not take long for the problem to be rectified. Checking later on July 17, 2011 at 7:08 p.m. the same blurb unable to connect to Netflix and if the problem continues please go to your computer and go to netflix.com/tvhelp. So far, still waiting to be able to watch movie(s).
#720388

Netflix will be the last thing I'll get to :cry watch movies on it sucks """""""""""""

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** moms

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** moms

i have been trying all day to get on my netflix with my xbox and it will not load just a fed page with netflix and a big white circle going around around left it going for 10 min and still nothing i done every thing i could think of and still nothing even tried the other xbox and still doing the same thing.please fix.thank u andrea.

We have both the mail delivery system of Netflix and the system of getting movies on TV through our computer. Our movies on the TV are often interrupted by "refurbishing". What can we do to prevent this from happening?

this is starting to annoying my netflix keeps saying The login information you entered does not match an account in our records. Remember, your email address is not case-sensitive, but passwords are. and im using the right password and email >.

*** netflix

I had the same problem with my Netflix streaming today. Spent almost an hour on the phone with Sony rep.

to fix the problem.

I had to uninstall and reinstall Netflix twice before we got it to work. Waiting to see if I have the same problem on Monday...

Delete the ap and download it again. It worked for me.

this sucks. but, frankly, we all pay over and over gain for the same thing.

Entertainment. Netflix, tv, blurays, smartphone apps, tablets, etc... Video stores all closed, movie studios going bankrupt, music based entirely upon pop trends all because we don't really care about quality or service. wave something cheap in front of us an we buy it.

for $17 frikin bucks a month or whatever it is i can live with a few hours a couple time a year without my precious instant movies. Sure as *** beats going days without cable or electricity duing storms. It's $17 dollars!! how much do you all pay for cable and internet?

I know I watch netflix a *** of a lot more than tv. We're spoiled brats. On that note.

netflix please fix the damb problem. I would appreciatte it.

View more comments (90)
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio

Netflix goes out of their way to irritate customers

Netflix is very interested in what you want to watch. They practically demand that you rate various titles to get an understanding of what you like to and don't like to watch. Then they recommend movies you will probably like. That's all well and good. Where Netflix goes wrong is that after determining what you like and don't like they still force you to *** through the junk that they KNOW you don't want to see. My profile says that I never watch horror movies yet their highly dynamic interface on the PS3 forces horror movies down my family's throat. This is REALLY annoying. There are certain things I would rather my children weren't exposed to. There are many times that I can't even get to the family and children section without weeding through a load of garbage images that are not suitable for young children. Netflix doesn't care. They provide no means by which to hide any of this. The same thing applies to their searches. There is no way to opt out of movie categories you do not want to see. They strictly forbid this. All of the tools to enable this are at their fingertips if they chose to do it. They simply choose not to.

you realize there are parental controls right?

Washington, District Of Columbia

Netflix

What a time for Netflix to decide to raise rates on people, during the middle of a severe depression & we all could use some time to get away from all the depressing news. I once thought Netflix was PERFECT for me as I don't get cable & can't see myself paying HUGE cable fees just for entertainment. Because of that Netflix was IDEAL for me! Well, the day I find out my health insurance rates have DOUBLED, I also find out Netflix is raising their rates too. How can I justify spending more to watch movies? I can't, so I figure, I'll HAVE to cancel now. Thanks Netflix for making our lives just a little easier. I can see I'm going to have to look for alternatives. I'm sure there's one out there. I'll just have to look for it. Maybe this isn't so bad, as we all could use more visits to our local libraries.
Mount Laurel, New Jersey

Movies rental red box not Netflix

I been a costumer for about 8 years I started out paying about 8 dollars a month for 3 DVD. I would get about 3 a week but know for new movies I get about 3 a month. So with the new price increase for 7/14/2011 I will go with red box it's cheaper for 1 dollar and get the new movies Movies rental red box not Netflix There or more choices out there then Netflix we all stop or subscription to Netflix they will drop their price or go out of business these or hard time for the consumer. I stop my subscription to day so I will have to jump on my motorcycle and go to Wal-Mart or Walgreens because both of them have red box machine where I live they both have A and B machine so I go on line and rent movies and go pick them up.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

U-NETFLEX...MEDIOCRE

Hello netflex i`ve been a subscriber approx 10 months your guoted that people don`t accept change is extremely thin minded and shows the level of contempt your business has for the average "people/person" we don`t fear any change! what we don`t accept is raising prices whe you deliver pretty much mediocare service. dvd`s always arrives late,wrong dvd`a scratched dvd`s, pixilating freezes. having subscribed to 3 different plans and truly one is no better than the others because the end interactive results are distinctly the same. i`ve downgraded. thank you ***! ZORIN
Stamford, Connecticut

Netflix needs to revamp search engine for streaming

I love watching netflix on my Playstation. I even got faster internet (a definate requirement for this service). But the search engine they provide is TERRIBLE! Why not provide a search engine by catagory or allow customers to search by actor/ director etc. I would think after having it available for quite a while through streaming they would have figured this out by now. And the customer service sucks. When I tried to make the suggestion to them I couldn't find anywhere on their site that allows for comments like this. I will keep the netflix until something better comes along but it is soooooo annoying. They also have really weird ideas of what they would reccommend to me. I like watching the first 48 so they suggested some toddlers in tiaras for me??????
Bellevue, Washington

Netflix = The classic bait & switch

I signed up for Netflix about 2 weeks ago and then received word that my subscription price was doubling in costs because of the separation of streaming video and DVD rentals. If the streaming video side of Netflix were more robust and offered all the titles I wanted to watch, I would have had to seriously think about canceling my membership. But because their service and selection is so weak, they have made an easy choice for me to get rid of them and switch to something else. I haven't seen a bait & switch this obvious in a while. So long Netflix, don't ever come knocking on my DVR again...

I am outraged at the greed Netflix has stooped to. I have been a customer for years and a 60% increase with no improvement is an outrage.

They could have grandfathered in there current customers and made the new rates for new customers. I will be shopping around for another company to deal with out of principle alone!

We just purchased Netflix after a deal revealed itself at the end of an eBay purchase. I decided to get both the streaming (which seems weak) and the mail DVD.

I purchased a Roku device to stream with...another $75!!. I really think they should grandfather those members in that are current and apply the new charges to new members.

HIGHWAY ROBBERY! NOT RIGHT AT ALL!!!! I WILL CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION!

Their stock will no longer be the darling of Wall Street after this.

I called netflix customer service and filed a complaint about the price increase by almost 60% that is Highway Robbery. I urge everyone to call them and tell then that if they raise the price then you will cancel the service.

I told them that and I will cancel it on the day of the increase.

People are barely getting by with the economy and they want us to pay more. They are out of their minds.

Man, I just recieved that e-mail. Freaking Netflix is trying to kill us with these outrageous prices. I'm going to be looking for someplace else to get some streaming or DVD rentals.

If NetFlix streaming was close to decent it would be a no brainer to drop the DVD portion. However,more than half of the movies we want are only available on DVD.

$16 a month is way too much for what I am paying $10 a month for now.

A 60% increase in these economic times is outrageous. I'll be dropping BOTH of NetFlix services.

View more comments (6)
Castle Rock, Colorado
Advanced Reviewer

NetFlix Has just raised costs 50%

Update by user Aug 13, 2011

This is the second company I have posted a complaint about on pissedconsumer. The first, CarMax, contacted me and made some effort to correct the problem.

Netflix could care less. Nothing but echoing silence and lousy service. None of the series they promote start at the beginning. What\'s up with Season 4 of Have Gun Will Travel?

Why not all seasons? Absolutelly horrible.

I will be canceling my service by the end of the month. They deserve to go out of business.

Original review posted by user Jul 13, 2011
After sending an email notifying me that their cost for basic service - DVD and streaming -- is going up 50%, the email I sent to complain was returned to me undelivered. There was a link to the web site, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to email them. You have to call and wait (currently 10 minutes) to even register a complaint. This company is ripping off the public. I am a new user and not that impressed with the service anyway. So, I will be canceling when costs rise this outrageous amount. I could have lived with 3%, even 5%, but 50!!!! What a scam!
Los Angeles, California

Another Netflix increase?

I'm throwing in the towel on this one. Been going with their streaming service (which sucks IMO BTW) and two discs out at a time. The issue is we rarely use the watch it now, but it does have the convenience of instant gratification if you can find something worth watching that you have not seen 1000x over. I parse the library and add things to my ***, and looking at mine at present it is a hodge podge if documentaries and lame shows and movies. Now take the two disc a month plan - to really get your bang for your buck you need to watch the vids and send them back ASAP. we tend to be lazy and keep ours too long and take our time watching them. So - second increase in price in a year = pissed off customer cancelling my account. Granted I am not a long time customer (Oct 2008), I have a feeling lots will do the same. Netflix offered a somewhat unique service when they came out with it, but now the market is too varied. You'd think in the face of competition they would offer more for the money and not the same or less. Vudu is pay as you go, but have a decent streaming library with better quality, and more recent movies. For the price of my Netflix, I can now watch 4-5 ppv movies from Amazon or Vudu. More recent movies I might add, with better streaming. The Vudu streaming on my PS3 is 2x as fast as the Netflix streaming on my Roku box. They seem to be a little too proud of their service offering, and as they say 'pride goeth before the fall'.
Houston, Texas
Netflix Account

Raising rates on a low quality product is just ***

When I joined I paid less than $8 for dvds + outdated streaming content. Lately I am not receiving the dvds that I request, streaming content has not improved and now they are doubling my subscription costs. I can easily do without the *** 20 year old streaming titles. without the low subscription cost what really separates netflix from its competitors? Answer: NOTHING. I am currently looking at alternatives! Not worth the cost! When I joined I paid less than $8 for dvds + outdated streaming content. Lately I am not receiving the dvds that I request, streaming content has not improved and now they are doubling my subscription costs. I can easily do without the *** 20 year old streaming titles. without the low subscription cost what really separates netflix from its competitors? Answer: NOTHING. I am currently looking at alternatives! Not worth the cost!

I have been with Netflix since 2003. I am paying 10$ more to them for exactly the same plan and service from about 10months back Jan 2011.

I called customer service today and asked and the agent says their cost is going up and then asks if I would like to cancel. I am pissed off with this company and dealing with its brainless agents.

800,000 subscribers have already left for a reason I now see. Rock on Netflix - I am leaving too.

I told them that and I will cancel it on the day of the increase.

How, in this economy, can Netflix screw it's faithful customers??? I have been a Netflix subscriber since right after their beginning and so far have no serious complaints but this time it is SERIOUS.

I bought TWO Roku units so I could stream videos and they made it sound so good at the time. It was a ploy so they could come back and charge me an EXTRA $8 a month.

WHAT A CHEAP BAIT AND SWITCH SCHEME. I'm now looking, and hope someone comes back with an offer I can't refuse (kind'a like I had when Netflix started!!)

View more comments (2)
Washington, District Of Columbia

Netflix: bait-n-switch

Netflix's latest move on hiking the subscription price will be the beginning of its own downfall. Consumers shall band together and send a message to Netflix that its tactics would not be rewarded. Netflix has been baiting new customers and luring them into its trap, in which their victims (customers) would be caught in a steep increase. That's has now been carried out and the consumers must now react by cancelling their subscription. That would send a message to Netflix executives that their excessive GREED would not be tolerated. In this recession, entertainment should take the lower priority. Many are struggling with their food budgets. Yet, those fat-cat executives at Netflix just want more money. It's disgusting. It's wrong. And it must be stopped.
Dallas, Texas
Netflix Subscription

Netflix doesn't honor low price

With the recent announcement of the price increase, it is another way for Netflix to *** over. Sure, I can stream old movies. The promised a low price when I signed up. I would highly recommend you see how many mailed movies you actually get in a month and consider a switch to CoinStar. CoinStar will soon be a better deal. Netflix screws their old customers. I end up with about 8-9 movies a month including mail times. I do stream old movies because they are all that is available, I can do with out. Hulu works well.

When you have a monopoly or near-monopoly, you can raise prices and would care less what your customers say. That's the state of business American people are facing today.

The government has been hijacked by corporate America, which has rewritten the laws to their advantage. This is a new form of extreme capitalism, which has every element of a dictatorship.

This price increase Netflix has made reinforces my point above. When competition is gone and so are consumers' rights.

Lafayette, Louisiana

Netflix raising prices..again!

I think it is totally ridiculous that people who have been Netflix members for years can't be 'grandfathered-in' with the current plan they have, but no, instead plan prices go up by $5.00---doesn't our loyalty count for anything?? It's going to be Blockbuster all over again where after a while they rape you with their high prices and you get very little in return for the money you spend. I am seriously considering Redbox, at least you know it's going to be $1.00, no more no less. Here's hoping a competitor enters the market and gives them a run for their money---literally.

Barbo First off it is not small price increase Do you know it is a 60% Increase!! not 10% or 15% ......60% are you CRAZY! I don't really care I've been paying them for over 4 years but now I just cancelled and I know that is what they are hoping so that they have enough disks for the Dummies that stay LOL I'll just continue to donwload my nzb files and continue to rape the MPAA by watching free movies Bluray quality on a $35 dollar Media player on a 60" LED Display!

I am a Netflix charter member and I am outraged at the price hike. Streaming was not added until 2007, and plan changes use to affect new customers only.

I refuse to pay $15.95 for both streaming and DVDs at the same time. I will revert back to DVDs only and save myself $2.00 per month.

There are too many other FREE streaming options out there. :(

They're...

Their basically doubling their rate for the DVD/streaming combo service in less than a year... yikes!

Wish I could to do that to my clients... and expect them to pay.

Bye-bye, Netflix.

I'm cancelling my netflix account after this insane price hike!! I've been a customer for over 4 years and I'm outraged!!

I use redbox and still continued to have a netflix account... but not anymore!

bye bye netflix... and please post this all around the web, BOYCOTT netflix!

NO, it's a 50% increase that goes beyond inflation and comes into play after they have put Hollywood Video under and has Blockbuster on the ropes!!!!!

There is no justification for this hike!!!

Honestly, I'm a long time Netflix customer and this pseudo rage about a small price increase (which is voluntary) is just silly.

View more comments (6)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

RAISING RATES?!

I'm pissed because I got an email today saying they are raising the rates of my plan from $9.99 to 15.98. That's ridiculous! I am downgrading to streaming only and if I want a DVD rental I'll go to the Redbox, why the *** am I going to pay $5 a month to only recieve 2-3 movies a month? This is very disappointing..this company is ***...they are going to lose a lot of customers & money doing this! They are just being another greedy company in my eyes! Very pissed.. very very pissed about this.

They should KNOW that raising prices will make them lose money & customers. They think people like it that much that they will start paying almost double a month?

I don't think so. I'll take my business right over to the Redbox and rent DVDs for $1!

If everyone who is disappointed in Netflix new policy cancels for one month Netflix will get the message and their stock share prices will drop. We can have the last laugh.

I got the same freaking email today, Netflix freaking suck!!!!

View more comments (2)
Madison, Wisconsin

Netflix sucks!!!!!

Not only are they getting ready to raise the rates again, but took away our familiar sorting style, which was so so so much better and easier to use. Blockbuster, and Hulu are now cheaper by the month in comparison, and have better choices of movies and tv shows. I cancelled my account with them and will never, ever go back to those stingy bastards. Also, besides that, the other streamers from blockbuster and Hulu seem to have a better resolution when I'm trying to watch them. So, bye bye to *** netflix! I'm going to the competition where I can get video games, movies and streaming for just $14 a month. And get better selections in faster delivery times. Not only that, I can trade my movies and games in at my local store to have something to watch while waiting for my next one on my que to come in the mail. I definitely think there are more like me out there and we're all hoping you go down/kaput/under!

I was actually able to talk to (what they called) their floor manager. I asked him to relay a message to the top execs, and he said he'd maybe be able to do that, but no guarantees.

So, I aksed him to realy that I and others like me are bacing out because there's just way too much unwatcheble *** on there.

No one wants to see the B-movie, *** movies, or all the foriegn languages they can't understand. BUt it was a great idea that they took all the *** cartoons and put them on a different channel.

Again, Netflix sucks. I left them a few years back when they slowed up service because they felt they had to pay to much to service high use accounts.

Now they go up some 60% and then stop downloads. What the ***. Give me a break you screw ups. Gave you one more chance and you screwed up.

So long.

Here I come BLOCKBUSTERS. No charge for bluray at Blockbusters.

I just tried to call them, and a robot directed me to a new customer service number...AT $1.99 A CALL!

Yeah, i had that problem too. It's somewhere in their user agreement that early cancellations are not an excuse for a refund.

But if you would've waited until the day before your renewal date, you wouldn't lose out much. i agree, they suck all around, and someday soon they'll end up going under, hopefully.

Prices are going up 60% in September to maintain current level of subscription. Jumping ship to red box and free on demand. Bye bye Netflix :grin

I paid for a months service, then cancelled service because of incoming rate increases. They shut me off that day.

Wheres my refund? I paid for this service for 30 days. Every time I've called I've been on hold for over an hour and still no answer.

I'm Pissed. And I'm a pretty understanding gal.

netflubs is too *** to compete. Let them rot

Kiss my *** Netflix! Never to return.

I will unsubscribe when this month is over...

View more comments (8)