Netflix Suks & No New Movies

Netflix says they have alot of movies and new ones but i had it for almost a year and hated it they have nothing but old movies and only put one new movie on each month and the movie was still old they never update it ITS A WASTE OF MONEY DONT SUBSCRIBE to it believe me you would be more sastisfied giving a homeless person 10 dollars a month which nobody really does and be more satisfied then getting netflix no lie and the streaming you can only stream a little bit of the same movies that it gives you which is pretty dumb Netflix update your ***

I agree with this crazy *** above. Had netflix for 6 months, they simply do not have new movies.

So we end up still renting, its just not worth it. This company has got to be the most idiotic company on the planet. They have netflix apps on every hardware you can imagine and the streaming works fine, but will never sustain a userbase without the new movies.

Instead, they just leave a bad taste in our mouths. You are way better off pirating, you get the movies quicker and for free, and the quality is higher.

Seattle, Washington

Netflix

I was new to netflix, but after a month on problems, I give. You can not send them an email, you have to sit on the line to tell them what wrong, that does not do anything, and they end up not being able to do anything about it after you go thru the problem. Start watcing a movie, pause it, come back and it says it not able to play this title, you are half way thru, but too bad, I give, I will not be trying them again. It is rediculas to pay for something you can not use. Of course, I am using a PS# to watch the movies on, and they tell me it is a PS 3 problem
Fort Richardson, Alaska

Lots of damaged DVD's from Netflix

I've been using Netflix for about six months now. My membership plan includes both streaming video and two-at-a-time DVD rentals. My first attempt at a Netflix trial membership flopped . . they never shipped the DVD's I selected and I never heard anything back from them after transmitting my acceptance of the trial membership. But after months of hearing from my daughter how great their service is, I broke down and attempted another trial. The second time around, I actually received my DVD's and the turn-around on them was amazingly fast (usually two business days). I found myself wondering how they could do that! After using their DVD service for a couple of months, I decided that it was time to try streaming video. I have the premium internet service from Charter, so my connection is definitely up to the task at 25Mbps. I found the interface on my Netflix interface on my Samsung BluRay player to be a little clunky at first. I couldn't search and stock my Instant ***, but shortly thereafter Samsung provided a firmware update that added the search and add features that I was needing. I find that the number of Netflix "Watch It Now" selections are somewhat limited compared to Vudu, but at such a low cost, that is expected. Now back to the DVD issue . . within the first few shipments of DVD's, I received a DVD that was nearly broken in two. I thought that was odd that they would ship one in that condition, and chalked it up to an anomoly. Wrong ! ! Now that I've been on Netflix for at least six months, I've received at least a dozen DVD's that were unplayable at some point in the movie. In a half dozen instances, we were watching a movie with friends only to have it stop playing mid-way through. Now I always wipe the DVD's with a soft cloth before inserting them into my player, since some of them came to us looking like they had been used for pizza trays. But the issues were generally deep scratches or cracks that made them unplayable. While I haven't kept flawless track of the exact number of damaged DVD's, the percentage of unplayable discs is somewhere close to 10 percent. So if I order ten DVD's per month, that means one of them will be unplayable. Bottom line now is that I pull the DVD's from the sleeves immediately and inspect them, sending any back that have cracks or gouges. If I can clean them up and play them, I do. But often you don't know until you get half way into the movie. Netflix needs to do a better job of making sure you get playable discs.
Medford, Oregon
Netflix Streaming Service

Netflix says

I'm stunned at the email from Netflix offering 3% of $7.99 credit due to a technical snafu for their streaming. Do the math people and you'll realize that it's not worth the time it takes to open the emaill. Netflix, don't insult your customers. If you're going to say "sorry" how about offering a credit that will truly makes amends with your customer (even if it's a buck, I mean, really?) and at the same time incenting your technical team to make sure this kind of error doesn't happen again. Also, where's the escalation on your web site. There is NO way of directly contacting Netflix by email. This is a joke.

***, why are you people crying over this. Spoiled people gotta have it now and think Netflix owes you something. Get over it!!

Look, at least there's a company willing to do something for issues you may have. Does a phone company give you money if you experience call or internet blackouts?

Does a movie theatre give you part of your money back if they have a slight sound or picture issue? No, not without a lot of complaining. So when a company tries to make up for its issues, you need to quit crying about it, and be happy. By the way all you have to do is open the email and push a button.

It does the rest.

Wow so much work. Don't be so lazy.

I called Netflix when the problem occurred and was told (yes, I checked the call was being recorded) that the problem should be fixed in about one hour. Try seven or more (I gave up and went to bed).

I was also told that I would get an email giving me one free month for this problem. I too got the email offering 3%, so I called the CEO's office and left a message. An "Alana" at 503-207-**** called me back and wanted all sorts of information so she could contact customer service and do better next time. Before I gave it, I asked about the free month vs.

the 3% and she wouldn't do anything. She wanted my help, but would give me nothing.

Sorry, honey, it doesn't work that way. As soon as I find a Netflix alternative, I'm gone!

View more comments (2)
Seattle, Washington

Streaming ADvert is false Advertising

While Netflicks (falsly) advertises that it has a TON of streaming videos the truth is that VERY FEW of their TV/Movies are available streaming. I am guessing only about a third of their movies are available streaming and only a quarter of the tv shows are streaming. That is not very much. There are over 100 shows I would watch except they are thru the mail only. I choke everytime I see their bragging streaming commercial. Guess they are not required to include the fine print with their ads. BTW, for all you people complaining about the streaming pausing and downloading - that is your internet problem, NOT a netflicks problem! You must have highspeed internet (at least 6mb) to run streaming otherwise you will get the downloading issue. I had 3mb and had a few download issues but then upgraded to 10mb and now I have NO problems.

Agreed! The movie and tv selection is terrible through my ps3.

Do not use Netflix if you are planning on watching current TV shows or newly released movies, you are better off paying 3.50 for the blue ray at family video.

Oh, thats another thing, nothing is high definition!

However, there are a ton of documentaries and that is mainly what I use netflix for.

I have close to 500 videos, both tv and videos, streaming on my private collection, and want a lot more. I'm not sure which system your using but if you go on your computer you will find several thousand different streaming videos.

They also rotate videos daily: getting rid of the old, and adding the new. Try it online, not on your xbox or wii or whatever your using. Also call them if you have freezing, they will do a ping test while your on the phone. Everytime I've had issues its with my internet not netflix.

Usually its my router. I have high speed but a mediocre router.

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Netflix screwed me out of $300

I have been a netflix member since 2008, i recently found out they opened another account under my name and credit card in May 2009 charging me twice a month for 2 years! this account was never used and under some crazy mail address. i dont thing this was down by someone out side of netflix because it was never used. these charges total over 300 dollars! the supervisor at netflix said they will only go back 90 days so im sol, he said i could not speak to anyone above him. I have filed a complaint with the BBB. WATCH YOUR STATEMENTS PEOPLE!!! netflix is opening fake accounts then saying well its your fault you didnt catch us!

BBB will probable not do the job , but it is worth a try.

A complaint needs to be filed through your State Attourny General's Office .... when they begin to see a trend .... thery normally begin to look into the case.

And this is a federal concern also. File a complaint with the FTC. If you have really been gouged .... I would not simly give up.

That sucks, but you really didn't notice 2 charges a month for 2 years on your credit card bills??

Indianapolis, Indiana
Netflix Account
Netflix is Dead to Me - Half a Broken Disc Seriously
Netflix is Dead to Me - Half a Broken Disc Seriously
So it was my wife's bad in the first place that she accidentally returned our PS3 game Rockband instead of the movie we rented back to Netflix. They sent an automated response the said "Ooops, you accidentally returned one of your own DVDs instead of your Netflix...

I live in So. Calif.

and have received 7 (seven) disks in a row from Netflix that have been broken. All were the same title "The greatest figures of the Bible". The first 3 disks arrived broken one at a time and were returned and replaced with broken disks. I telephoned Netflix and they apologized as I had gone 3 weeks without a move so they sent me 4 of my top picks at one time.

I receved Jackie Chan's "Who am I" intact along with 3 disks of the series "Great figures of the Bible" that were broken.

I suspect that if these disks were about some other religion some type of formal investigation would be taking place. 04-13-2011

Sacramento, California
Netflix Account

Netflix has shorted my husband's account by sending unusable discs.

Netflix has shortened my husband's account on 2 different occasions by sending unusable discs. They either don't run from the beginning or they freeze midway. Because he had told them to cancel, I tried to reactivate my account. I didn't have any trouble the first time and found them eager to accomodate. I was promised a free trial and on the FIRST day, they took out a month's worth of contract. I tried to work it out with the company but they would not work anything out. I am disillusioned and don't want anyone else to go through the same trouble. Netflix used to be someone you could trust to deliver good work. But it isn't so anymore. Don't order from Netflix!
Denver, Colorado
Netflix Free Trial

Do not believe Netflix when they say FREE 30-day trial!

Update by user Mar 09, 2011

One of these need to be deleted!

Original review posted by user Mar 09, 2011
On 2 different occasions, my husband has tried to order the Netflix 30-day free trial. On both occasions, Netflix has sent at least 2 damaged discs which has shortened his free trial. Either the discs don't play at all or they freeze in the middle of the disc. Since my husband had cancelled his subscription, he told me to try to give Netflix another try as I hadn't had any problems with them before-I just ran short on money. I talked to a representative about it and he said that I should be able to get a FREE 30-day trial to reactivate my account since my husband had cancelled his. I signed up yesterday and today was checking my bank account online. My free trial was charged the very FIRST day for a full month. What happened to the free trial? They would not work anything out with me. Please do NOT believe that you actually receive a FREE trial anymore! They used to be upstanding, but have hit rock bottom now.

Same thing happened to me. Netflix scammed me with a free month and charged that month to my account.

Netflix would not refund my account!

Would not let me talk to an authorizing supervisor. Hope their stock falls along with their policy and scams.

:p :cry :( :x :roll :) :grin 8) ;) :p :eek :roll :sigh

You are wrong toddie boy.They are ripping people off.They can check the validity of a credit card without posting a charge.Same thing happened to me.Now get back to work stuffing dvds into envelopes.

It is a free trial. They did the same thing with me, but the initial charge is to verify that you are not some liar.

They want to verify that you are the actual person you claim to be. They also want to see that your CC information isn't full of prunes as well.

You will see that your charge is only a pending charge but it will not post to your account. You got your undies in a bundie over nothing.

View more comments (3)
Denver, Colorado
Netflix Subscription

I am so tired of seeing the network is down that I could scream. Netflix should really remedy this

Netflix need to remedy the network is down on don't retrieve funds for customers that continue to have this problem. Every time I looking at movie or a short cartoon it stops and says network is down it doesnt mater if it is day afternoon or evening it happens most of the times. Do something about this or im going to cancel.It is very frustrating to wait or try to reconnect or just turn the television off because consumers can't get what they pay for. If we did not pay they would cancel service or send us to collections. I feel that netflix if cheated millions of consumers and should be taught a lesson for failure to deliver on their advertisement of being able to see a movie. Seeing a movies is seeing it in its entirety not half or part of movie. This is ridiculous and they should have to pay customers back for bad service.
Anaheim, California

Netflix needs to stock MORE new release titles!

We have had Netflix for about 8 months now. Although the delivery service has been quick, the new release titles are ALWAYS on a wait list. The most recent example was our order for the new 'A Christmas Carol'. We placed it at the top of our *** at the beginning of November 2010, but we did not receive it until February 2011. This is totally UNACCEPTABLE! They really need to stock more DVD copies OR offer them for streaming. It's getting to the point where we just go to the nearest RedBox to get the new releases since we know that Netflix will have a long wait. We are seriously thinking about canceling Netflix.

Marie Dealing

Well y'all I am seeing RED with NETFLIX!! I have been with NETFLIX for 12 yrs.

and in the last few month it happened twice. A DVD that had NO WAIT all a sudden became LONG WAIT!What does the customer serv. agent BRYON tell me __ well, within the last 2 days EVERYONE wants MR.POPPIN AND THE PENQUINS- ! I had this DVD ON SAVE FOR A VERY LONG TIME!

It moved up and it had NO WAIT! I might be wrong but it seems to me that people who received an IPAD, TABLETS, LAPTOP,WII etc for XMAS and signed up with NETFLIX ( NEW customer) are receiving the popular DVD FIRST and the REST OF US well are SOL! I am for the first time rethinking my membership with NETFLIX! This was a BIG PROBLEM with BLOCKBUSTER!

They almost lost their entire business and are just beginning to come back. I need help finding a NEW DVD RENTAL on line.

Netflix needs to get more new movies in. Even though they say its a new realease, its usually of an old movie.

Tired of watching/seeing the same old ones week after week.

Maybe you could have a day a week where there's a new movie like redbox.

Downey, California
Netflix Streaming Service

Netflix via Wii has worst selection EVER

I just switched from my Netflix monthly dvd service to instant watch through my Wii. I am mortified/disgusted/pissed over the really lousy selection of movies they offer. What a joke! "Bride of Frankenstein" from 1935 is listed under New Arrivals. Are you kidding me? Absolutely terrible selection. I have spent last 30 minutes looking and can't find one decent (much less recent) movie. I would call customer service, but they have 15 minute wait time and they don't accept email. They would be wise to let you preview selection before switching your service and expanding their customer service to include email comments.

Netflix instant watch: Worst selection of movies I have ever seen. Period.

Ninety-nine percent of the films are total obscure garbage.

What is their target demographic -Japanese teens and Centagenarians? Must be.

-and very few even exceed Troma level of quality. EMBARRASSING for a the huge company that they are.

Selection on wii is awful. I have searched by title for a vast number of popular films, both recent and older, even decades old, and they're grayed out/unavailable.

You can't even watch Star Wars episode IV.

Good grief. Even my kids are wondering, "Is that it?" Yup.

I will agree that the movies listed on the Wii are not always the most recent movies...but as for not being able to access all movies I will disagree. Do you know how to use the "Search" feature?

You can search for any movie you are looking for and if it is available for streaming on Netflix then you can select it and enjoy.

I do wish there was a better Browsing feature on the Wii, though. But don't say the movies aren't there just because you haven't figured out how to find them.

I completely agree. The selection is terrible.

Can't watch any great movies instantly that aren't ANCIENT! What a shame.

View more comments (3)
Butte, Montana
Netflix Dvd Rental

Netflix Doesnt offer what it advertises

I bought a Blu-Ray DVD for the Netflix Streaming. $140. Router $60. Wireless connector thingy $50. Subscription to Netflix $8. NOW I see that the streaming selection is like an old *** DVD collection. Have to upgrade to get "unlimited" DVDs. 2 more bucks. But wait... can only get one at a time at that price. Thats not unlimited. Thats about 2 a week considering mail turn-a-round time. Did I mention the streaming selection is like an old *** DVD collection. Spent too much...must make it work...keep...smiling....maybe i'll watch Meet The Parents tonight...a "New Arrival" for instant streming
ID
#221989 Review #221989 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
Netflix Subscription

Beware of netflix gift subscriptions

If I could give them a zero I would my girl got me a 6 month internet subscription cool right ..... wrong . You have to sign up and give your cc information to stop the billing after 6 months. Plain and simple I didn't feel the need to do so turns out they make sure you (or your significant other) can't get their money back so It's use it or lose it essentially. Beware of these guys and if your OK with that then that's your thing I just feel like they just want to make sure your money is pretty much not refundable. Legalized theft gotta love it.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

New Arrivals My ***

On its website, Netflix has the WATCH INSTANTLY and below that NEW ARRIVALS. Here's the infuriating part....the same (mostly bad) movies have been under that heading for the past 2 months. The only exception being that they have added a sucky movie or two like PRINCE OF PERSIA. And here is something that has become very apparent...not only is Netflix NOT adding more QUALITY movies, but they have been removing numerous titles from WATCH INSTANTLY....like MAN ON FIRE...PELHAM 1 2 3...a lot of others. Netflix SUCKS and I can't wait until someone else makes a legitimate run at them, because I am going to switch in a heartbeat...and I hope that what happened to Blockbuster, happens to Netflix.
Edmond, Oklahoma