Netflix screwed me out of $300

I have been a netflix member since 2008, i recently found out they opened another account under my name and credit card in May 2009 charging me twice a month for 2 years! this account was never used and under some crazy mail address. i dont thing this was down by someone out side of netflix because it was never used. these charges total over 300 dollars! the supervisor at netflix said they will only go back 90 days so im sol, he said i could not speak to anyone above him. I have filed a complaint with the BBB. WATCH YOUR STATEMENTS PEOPLE!!! netflix is opening fake accounts then saying well its your fault you didnt catch us!

BBB will probable not do the job , but it is worth a try.

A complaint needs to be filed through your State Attourny General's Office .... when they begin to see a trend .... thery normally begin to look into the case.

And this is a federal concern also. File a complaint with the FTC. If you have really been gouged .... I would not simly give up.

That sucks, but you really didn't notice 2 charges a month for 2 years on your credit card bills??

Indianapolis, Indiana
Netflix Account

Netflix is Dead to Me - Half a Broken Disc Seriously
So it was my wife's bad in the first place that she accidentally returned our PS3 game Rockband instead of the movie we rented back to Netflix. They sent an automated response the said "Ooops, you accidentally returned one of your own DVDs instead of your Netflix...

I live in So. Calif.

and have received 7 (seven) disks in a row from Netflix that have been broken. All were the same title "The greatest figures of the Bible". The first 3 disks arrived broken one at a time and were returned and replaced with broken disks. I telephoned Netflix and they apologized as I had gone 3 weeks without a move so they sent me 4 of my top picks at one time.

I receved Jackie Chan's "Who am I" intact along with 3 disks of the series "Great figures of the Bible" that were broken.

I suspect that if these disks were about some other religion some type of formal investigation would be taking place. 04-13-2011

Sacramento, California
Netflix Account

Netflix has shorted my husband's account by sending unusable discs.

Netflix has shortened my husband's account on 2 different occasions by sending unusable discs. They either don't run from the beginning or they freeze midway. Because he had told them to cancel, I tried to reactivate my account. I didn't have any trouble the first time and found them eager to accomodate. I was promised a free trial and on the FIRST day, they took out a month's worth of contract. I tried to work it out with the company but they would not work anything out. I am disillusioned and don't want anyone else to go through the same trouble. Netflix used to be someone you could trust to deliver good work. But it isn't so anymore. Don't order from Netflix!
Denver, Colorado
Netflix Free Trial

Do not believe Netflix when they say FREE 30-day trial!

Update by user Mar 09, 2011

One of these need to be deleted!

Original review posted by user Mar 09, 2011
On 2 different occasions, my husband has tried to order the Netflix 30-day free trial. On both occasions, Netflix has sent at least 2 damaged discs which has shortened his free trial. Either the discs don't play at all or they freeze in the middle of the disc. Since my husband had cancelled his subscription, he told me to try to give Netflix another try as I hadn't had any problems with them before-I just ran short on money. I talked to a representative about it and he said that I should be able to get a FREE 30-day trial to reactivate my account since my husband had cancelled his. I signed up yesterday and today was checking my bank account online. My free trial was charged the very FIRST day for a full month. What happened to the free trial? They would not work anything out with me. Please do NOT believe that you actually receive a FREE trial anymore! They used to be upstanding, but have hit rock bottom now.

Same thing happened to me. Netflix scammed me with a free month and charged that month to my account.

Netflix would not refund my account!

Would not let me talk to an authorizing supervisor. Hope their stock falls along with their policy and scams.

:p :cry :( :x :roll :) :grin 8) ;) :p :eek :roll :sigh

You are wrong toddie boy.They are ripping people off.They can check the validity of a credit card without posting a charge.Same thing happened to me.Now get back to work stuffing dvds into envelopes.

It is a free trial. They did the same thing with me, but the initial charge is to verify that you are not some liar.

They want to verify that you are the actual person you claim to be. They also want to see that your CC information isn't full of prunes as well.

You will see that your charge is only a pending charge but it will not post to your account. You got your undies in a bundie over nothing.

View more comments (3)
Denver, Colorado
Netflix Subscription

I am so tired of seeing the network is down that I could scream. Netflix should really remedy this

Netflix need to remedy the network is down on don't retrieve funds for customers that continue to have this problem. Every time I looking at movie or a short cartoon it stops and says network is down it doesnt mater if it is day afternoon or evening it happens most of the times. Do something about this or im going to cancel.It is very frustrating to wait or try to reconnect or just turn the television off because consumers can't get what they pay for. If we did not pay they would cancel service or send us to collections. I feel that netflix if cheated millions of consumers and should be taught a lesson for failure to deliver on their advertisement of being able to see a movie. Seeing a movies is seeing it in its entirety not half or part of movie. This is ridiculous and they should have to pay customers back for bad service.
Anaheim, California

Netflix needs to stock MORE new release titles!

We have had Netflix for about 8 months now. Although the delivery service has been quick, the new release titles are ALWAYS on a wait list. The most recent example was our order for the new 'A Christmas Carol'. We placed it at the top of our *** at the beginning of November 2010, but we did not receive it until February 2011. This is totally UNACCEPTABLE! They really need to stock more DVD copies OR offer them for streaming. It's getting to the point where we just go to the nearest RedBox to get the new releases since we know that Netflix will have a long wait. We are seriously thinking about canceling Netflix.

Marie Dealing

Well y'all I am seeing RED with NETFLIX!! I have been with NETFLIX for 12 yrs.

and in the last few month it happened twice. A DVD that had NO WAIT all a sudden became LONG WAIT!What does the customer serv. agent BRYON tell me __ well, within the last 2 days EVERYONE wants MR.POPPIN AND THE PENQUINS- ! I had this DVD ON SAVE FOR A VERY LONG TIME!

It moved up and it had NO WAIT! I might be wrong but it seems to me that people who received an IPAD, TABLETS, LAPTOP,WII etc for XMAS and signed up with NETFLIX ( NEW customer) are receiving the popular DVD FIRST and the REST OF US well are SOL! I am for the first time rethinking my membership with NETFLIX! This was a BIG PROBLEM with BLOCKBUSTER!

They almost lost their entire business and are just beginning to come back. I need help finding a NEW DVD RENTAL on line.

Netflix needs to get more new movies in. Even though they say its a new realease, its usually of an old movie.

Tired of watching/seeing the same old ones week after week.

Maybe you could have a day a week where there's a new movie like redbox.

Downey, California
Netflix Streaming Service

Netflix via Wii has worst selection EVER

I just switched from my Netflix monthly dvd service to instant watch through my Wii. I am mortified/disgusted/pissed over the really lousy selection of movies they offer. What a joke! "Bride of Frankenstein" from 1935 is listed under New Arrivals. Are you kidding me? Absolutely terrible selection. I have spent last 30 minutes looking and can't find one decent (much less recent) movie. I would call customer service, but they have 15 minute wait time and they don't accept email. They would be wise to let you preview selection before switching your service and expanding their customer service to include email comments.

Netflix instant watch: Worst selection of movies I have ever seen. Period.

Ninety-nine percent of the films are total obscure garbage.

What is their target demographic -Japanese teens and Centagenarians? Must be.

-and very few even exceed Troma level of quality. EMBARRASSING for a the huge company that they are.

Selection on wii is awful. I have searched by title for a vast number of popular films, both recent and older, even decades old, and they're grayed out/unavailable.

You can't even watch Star Wars episode IV.

Good grief. Even my kids are wondering, "Is that it?" Yup.

I will agree that the movies listed on the Wii are not always the most recent movies...but as for not being able to access all movies I will disagree. Do you know how to use the "Search" feature?

You can search for any movie you are looking for and if it is available for streaming on Netflix then you can select it and enjoy.

I do wish there was a better Browsing feature on the Wii, though. But don't say the movies aren't there just because you haven't figured out how to find them.

I completely agree. The selection is terrible.

Can't watch any great movies instantly that aren't ANCIENT! What a shame.

View more comments (3)
Butte, Montana
Netflix Dvd Rental

Netflix Doesnt offer what it advertises

I bought a Blu-Ray DVD for the Netflix Streaming. $140. Router $60. Wireless connector thingy $50. Subscription to Netflix $8. NOW I see that the streaming selection is like an old *** DVD collection. Have to upgrade to get "unlimited" DVDs. 2 more bucks. But wait... can only get one at a time at that price. Thats not unlimited. Thats about 2 a week considering mail turn-a-round time. Did I mention the streaming selection is like an old *** DVD collection. Spent too much...must make it work...keep...smiling....maybe i'll watch Meet The Parents tonight...a "New Arrival" for instant streming
ID
#221989 Review #221989 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
Netflix Subscription

Beware of netflix gift subscriptions

If I could give them a zero I would my girl got me a 6 month internet subscription cool right ..... wrong . You have to sign up and give your cc information to stop the billing after 6 months. Plain and simple I didn't feel the need to do so turns out they make sure you (or your significant other) can't get their money back so It's use it or lose it essentially. Beware of these guys and if your OK with that then that's your thing I just feel like they just want to make sure your money is pretty much not refundable. Legalized theft gotta love it.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

New Arrivals My ***

On its website, Netflix has the WATCH INSTANTLY and below that NEW ARRIVALS. Here's the infuriating part....the same (mostly bad) movies have been under that heading for the past 2 months. The only exception being that they have added a sucky movie or two like PRINCE OF PERSIA. And here is something that has become very apparent...not only is Netflix NOT adding more QUALITY movies, but they have been removing numerous titles from WATCH INSTANTLY....like MAN ON FIRE...PELHAM 1 2 3...a lot of others. Netflix SUCKS and I can't wait until someone else makes a legitimate run at them, because I am going to switch in a heartbeat...and I hope that what happened to Blockbuster, happens to Netflix.
Edmond, Oklahoma
Loss

Takes FOREVER to get a new movie!!!

I have the 3 at a time plan ( not really!) unless I want old movies I have already seen 3 times I have to wait FOREVER! Seriously, 4 weeks or more! I have 15 on my list right now, NONE are available and nothing was sent to me even tho I returned all 3 I had. I am SO BUMMED the Hollywood Video Store by my house went under (probably due to netflix!) They ALWAYS had my movies NEW movies. So unless you want to grow mold in your *** or can watch everything instantly (we cant here in the rural country - not high enough connection possible) I would PASS!@! Weeks on end I wait for my #1 pick thrugh 12! Helooo where are the MOVIES in my MOVIE subscription?

There is like a 30 day delay for new releases through Netflix - it's insane. For example, Harry Potter and Country Strong are both on DVDway.

I noticed that the TV show Big Love had a scheduled release date of 2/2011 but now is "unknown" release date. Netflix is getting shoddier and shoddier.

I went from 3 at a time (since the first year they started) but in 2011 I had to start changing because they are no longer as good as they once were. am about to go streaming only for a while. I find that they aren't getting as many dvds and the ones they have are often in bad shape. Slow to get to me to and I am in a major city.

Looking for something new and better. Netflix is almost over for me.

:( I agree with you. The new releases are rarely available (short wait, long wait, etc) and you wind up with some older movie from your *** that you really could watch on cable. I WISH THEY WOULD STOCK MORE NEW RELEASES!

I call BS on this one. They've always been very prompt for me. I've had Netflix for many years now.

:roll seriously, like I have had it in my Q for 4months even wehn release date is unknown, yetc still can't get it sent to me before I see the DVD on discounted sale at the grocery sotre check out line!!!!

View more comments (4)
ID
#220538 Review #220538 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

Netflix

i have netflix and thay say 17000 movies to watch instanly and let me tell u that the movies thay have kinda suck and if thay do have something good u have to wait that kinda sucks a movie that came out in 2003 and on tv now u still need a dvd come on netflix get with the program so all i ask is plase stop haveing us waste our money on movies we seen 100000**** times and u raise the price one dollar for what ? whom ever reads this and aggrees repost and maybe we can get some changes made

dam how much is netflix paying u? cause ive had netflix for about 2 months and im disapointed tht they tease you with only having the first season of a show and when u go to begin season 2 it is dvd only..

thats a bummer.. i dont like ordering dvds and waiting for them id pay th extra 2 dollars for the dvd only stuff if thats what theyre fishing for..

Anonymous - that sounds so *** impersonal. Lets start with,

Dude, what a downer man. I've used Netflix for 5+ years, seen many changes. I'v have been nothing but impressed.

Older material? Yes it is. Newer material? That would be nice too but common man - 17000+ titles and you've found a few that you've watched a billion times.

Seems as though your a bit too particular my anonymous dude friend.

ID
#220138 Review #220138 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Dallas, Texas
Netflix Tv Show

Netflix wii selection pathetic

I have been a netflix subscriber for a number of years. I've always loved my netflix but lately that is changing. I've especially enjoyed the movies they have suggested since I end up seeing great movies I would have never run across. Their suggestions for me are usually pretty accurate and I enjoy seeing what they will suggest next. In the past year I haven't watched many dvds but watched using streaming on my pc. Last fall I decided to move entirely to streaming on my pc even though the selection isn't great. I've found they mainly suggest older movies and newer movies must be searched for. For Xmas we began using the wii to watch movies. I've missed watching movies on my larger tv since I had been watching on my pc. I am very irritated in the offerings of the wii. Many, many of the movies they suggest have been rated 1 or 2 stars. I don't even want to know about all the *** movies they suggest - but they fill the screen with totally horrible suggestions plus there aren't many listed to begin with. To make watching bearable I have loaded up my que so I can select some movies quickly on the wii screen --- otherwise I have to go to my pc and use the suggestions screens there. Funny how using the pc they rarely suggestion something below 2 stars yet on the wii for some categories it was very common. So anyways I find a movie I want to watch using netflix on my pc & then on my wii I have to do a search to bring up the movie. How irritating! The wii should have the same suggestions as the pc suggestions but they are vastly different.
ID
#219875 Review #219875 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Dallas, Texas

Foreign Language Films

What iliterate genuis at NetFlix decided to lump all foreign language films into one single category, with no way to search among them by language or country??? This makes no sense at all. It is now impossible to find any country's films without going through all the foreign films. I guess in their minds foreign films, regardless of origin, are all as fungible as action films or comedies. Also, they seem to have fewer and fewer new foreign films in their selections. Netflix used to be the best source for foreign films. And why is it not possioble to contact NetFlix "Customer Service" by e-mail??

I agree. I am frustrated by reading the movie/show information, choosing it only to find out it is in another language.

I don't mind watching a subtitled movie. I would appreciate knowing ahead of time.

I would save time and frustrations. Also, give us an email Netflix

I call them to complain about such things. If you go into My Account on the website, there is a contact them button.

It will bring up the phone number and there will be reference number at the bottom of the page you enter that identifies you by account when you call.

I have noticed changes after complaining before. Try it.

#902070

I did manage by accident to find argentinian films on one url

If we knew the country codes, maybe we could search by country.

the selection stinks because they probably don't get many fews since people like us get fed up trying to sort through all of them without a language filter.

Some of us won't watch subtitled movies. NetFlux won't allow filtering this undesirable content and require that we watch part of the show before we actually learn that the subtitles are there (in other words - they will not pay attention to language of choice and omit others that have only textual representation of the dialogue in my preferred language).

NetFlux! Please allow us to actually contact you so we are telling the shortsighted decision maker the problem directly.

When i search neflix foreign southeast asian thailand it only shows 2 movies, but i can go through the movie listings in action and it shows Raging Phoenix movie which is Thai too, so it doesn't put all the Thai movies under the Thai category. Not sure what else there is out there for thai movies but its a real pain to have too look through all the foreign listings to try to find them.... :(

I am agree For the language I am looking fro they have few movies but they are impossible to find

I am pissed about this too. We used to browse by country or language.

Not only is that gone but there are less movies and many in the wrong category.

Who is responsible for screwing this up so bad? Anon, the sub-genres are not what they used to be.

Yes, you can. And I imagine you have already figured this out by now, but I'll still explain it. Just click Watch Instantly, click the Genres drop down menu, click Foreign, look to the right side of the window and all of the sub-genres including country of origin and movie genre are there.

Absolument! WTF, Netflix?

Buying five copies of the whole Criterion Collection (and Kino, and....) gonna stand in the way of you streaming original content?

Start with my Celine and Julie Go Boating, for ***'s sake! You SHOULD have that in your collection, you SHOULD be embarrassed that any video renter that aspires to conquer the world doesn't have *** for Rivette, Godard, Chris Marker, etc.!!!

View more comments (9)
ID
#219319 Review #219319 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Washington, District Of Columbia

Netflix streaming video sucks!

netflix streaming video has constant pauses in the middle of movies and shows, I'm trying watch my show and every 3-5 minutes it pauses and tries to "retrieve" the show, how annoying!! It happens all the time, I'm considering trying another company, this is a pain in the ***! They make it so you can not email them and complain, you can only click on certain responses and pretty much nothing happens after that! If they want to keep their customers they really should offer a working product! I also receive DVDs, one at a time, I've had a few that wouldn't play but mostly they have been fine, the ship very quickly. Why am I paying 10. bucks a month? They just raised the monthly fee and for what? bad streaming videos?

How many of you with supposedly 'good' internet connections keep those connections clean? If you have a billion toolbars and adware/spyware *** all over the place, it would definitely slow your connection down.

Before you blame netflix look at the machine you're trying to stream to.

If you already have, then you should have said so. :P

All of you with great streaming, that's cool. A problem is a problem when things don't work as they "should", not when they work good for "some" or "most" customers...should work for ALL customers using the standard equipment and a MODEST cable/DSL connection...that's what NETFLIX states will run their streaming.

I too, have not only problems with freezing in the streaming, but also dead connections when trying to log in....it happens during peak hours in the United States....at 9PM EST (which is also prime time across the entire US to California at 6PM). So it's the servers at NETFLIX...end of story. Just in case you think NETFLIX is different from any other business - here's the system: Pull in all the customers you can (customers equal money), and forget about attempting to provide an equal amount of support to go along with the increase of customers).

You can associate this with any business. You do the math.

You can associate this with any business. You do the math.

#291979

Sound like whatever device you are using SUCKS. I have never had this problem.

Ed from Tracy ca. Better connection my FOOT.

I'm paying for 24 meg downlink which I regularly get from Uverse, watching netflix on both my AppleTV AND Panasonic Home Theater I STILL have frequent stutters. Today every 30 seconds to 2 min.

Anonymous - that sounds so dang impersonal. So lets start with,

Dude, what a downer man. I've used Netflix for 5+ years, seen many changes and I have been nothing but impressed.

Video stoppage every 3 - 5 minutes. I can tell you that I too have had it freeze in the past and again a little stutter the other night. That has only happened to me on occasion in the past. Since instant watch has started, I have seen major improvements with quality and availability.

Perhaps you are having difficulties with your equipment. A little Viagra might help with that though;0).

I have had Netflix for three years now and have no problems streaming video. Maybe you need better broadband connection? You can go to dslreports.com and test your connection

View more comments (6)
ID
#219042 Review #219042 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Austin, Texas