Netflix is a BURN

Netflix is a total burn! Use to be they would send movies the same day they recieved the movies ,(and no , we did not turn them in the same day we recieved them) , NOW Netflix recieves what is sent back and sends the next set of movies out the following day , one one day, two the next day, indiscriminate . These are not new releases either. So , after the rest of this month, BYE BYE Netflix, another or your customers will take their business elsewhere . Grossly irritating, unreliable, false advertising , a total rip off. So back to Blockbuster or Hollywood for us!!

After many years, I cancelled my netflix membership today. Most of my top 10 movies had been on my que for over 3 months!!!

I was only recieving movies that were 25+ on my que. They couldn't even tell me when I MIGHT recieve my top choices. Maybe another 3 months??? Some of the worst service that I have ever recieved, or more to the point, did not recieve.

BAD SERVICE!!!! :(

Las Vegas, Nevada

Netflix choice of movies

Nothing like creating their own pro and *** site. A good sign of not caring about consumers/customers is having no published phone numbers or making them not easy to find. I am very disappointed they don't have near the amount of movies from the past you would think should be available. They say they have thousands of movies, but there are plenty that are not available that should be. Yes, it is very, very disappointing there isn't a current list of NEW movies. Most all are old passed off as new movies if you can find them. That isn't a mistake. Netflix helped kill off the local stores and like EBay, they have slipped back into an inferior offering of services. Their service offered is good, but I had better only want high renters.
#202153

Netflix have you waiting way to long for movies by the time you get them they are old like the choices they give you on instant play.They might of put other business out of business but remember you can go to the library in your area and get movies for free or even the red box at walmart for $1.00

Netflix's CEO and CFO have no interest in customer's frustration with experiencing an algorithm which provides only certain, few patrons with new releases. That leads to rampant anger toward Netflix's plan that locks out my *** from the top 12 releases waiting patiently for three months now in my *** and the dozen subscribers that I know who also constantly complain to one another about their dissatisfaction. Netflix is a monster business with a bad habit of not solving this growing dissatisfaction.

I dropped them like a hot potato after most movies had a forever waiting list. Customer service is a joke as their list of movies.

Salida, Colorado

Netlix no CC or Subtitles on steaming video

Purchased an Insignia Bluray player and Netflix web streaming player in order to download and stream movies in my home theater only to find when finally could talk to an actual person vs. "dot" selectons on their web site the Netflix Tech Rep tells me "they do not have the technology to include CC or subtitles in their system." For those of us who require these due to hearing disabilities this is a huge disappointment and probably is counter to the Federal Law requiring that such be provided. Why don't they include that informationPRIOR to having you purchase the system to download? Money wasted!

:( The more we encourage the Netflix about the streaming movie issue, the better education they would get from us. Sighing.......

Thanks for posting this because I had been unable to get subtitles too but had not called Netflix about it. It is a great disappointment because we had gone to watching all TV with subtitles not only due to my hearing problem, but because accents, etc., sometimes make it difficult for even those with good hearing to understand what is being said in a movie. I am now having problems getting the bluray player to play subtitles on discs that have them and I am looking for a solution.

I agree that CC or subtitles is really needed. That said, my Cox cable "On Demand" PPV doesn't have CC or subtitles either.

Dallas, Texas

Net Flix - Bad Blu Ray Disks

I just bought a PS3 and since I have been a subscriber for some time, I started to order BluRay disks rather than the regular DVD;s. My first BluRay from Netflix was totally unplayable! The next one skipped half the story and now the third one I have ordered is skipping as well. I thought that maybe it was the PS3 but I went and purchased two BluRay disks and they play fine. I think that Net Flix doesn't pay attention to disks returned to them once they are out. They just ship them out again and again without any quality control to make sure the disk isn't damaged. Exactly how much time would it take to physically look at a disk to check for scratches and cracks? Come on Net Flix, get with it!

I have been a customer of Netflix for over 5 years. I have only ever had a couple issues with DVDs and in those situations I received working replacements right away.

I have had a few problems with Blu Ray Discs though. The BDs I have had issues with are Mad Men, Precious, and Toy Story 3.

Mad Men Season ? - got a couple visibly damaged discs and received replacements very quickly.

Precious - Received 3 different BDs and none of them worked. Eventually just ordered it on DVD.

Toy Story 3 - The previews, menu, "short film" and other bonus features all played just fine. When it came time to play the movie, the Disney castle "intro" thing played, but the audio was totally scrambled throughout the whole movie. Got a replacement disc, and exact same thing. Waiting on the 3rd BD now, but might have to get it on DVD.

I have a hard time saying it's my BD player, since the intro and bonus features all played, along with all the BDs I own.

I've never had an issue with a BD purchased new from a store or rented from Blockbuster... only the BDs shipped from Netflix. This doesn't mean that I'll stop renting them from Netflix though.

I just hope their quality control improves :)

Gamefly uses an additional piece of cardboard for mailing and I've never received and bad disc from them.

Not sure if that would make a difference for DVDs and BDs though.

I am glad i came across this blog.

I had been netflix member for one yr.

I had blu ray issues meaning they wont play or broken disc but netflix wont accept. In may 2010 i switched to dvd's but later this month I thought to give one more try with blu ray.

When i switched to blu ray i started getting broken disc. When i called them they sent replacement disc which was again broken.

And again reporting the problem more replacement disc with bonus disc were sent to me. But for last two weeks i recieved 14 netflix discs. I have all 14 discs at my home ( including replacement and bonus discs) but unfortunately all are broken, 1/2 inch crack (full thickness at one edge) and none plays.

So today i got fed up, took refund for this month cancelled my service and switched to blockbuster. I have read good reviews regarding blockbuster and with 5 bonus instore exchanges i dont have to worry about disc getting damaged while being shipped.

We have about a 50% sucessful play rate on blue ray disks, most have visible damage and the last one had a huge crack in it, I don't believe half the disks im getting are damaged in the mail, i have started crossing off each disk and the label with a black marker writing bad disc on them... maybe that will help them get pulled from the line.

I wrote the "Net Flix - Bad Blu Ray Disks" and for those idiots who can't read: "I thought that maybe it was the PS3 but I went and purchased two BluRay disks and they play fine." And to "snowed in" I contacted Net Flix and described the problem and they said that damage happens by mailing all the time to Blu Ray disks because "they are so much more sensitive to damage"! All the unplayable disks were visably damaged and I asked Net Flix if they could take two seconds and look at the disks before they sent them out.

They said they do and I said BS! That is impossible considering how many damaged disks we were getting. I don't believe Net FLix customer service people as they have no idea how local distribution centers handle the disks! More corporate BS!

And to "hey mr ***"; wow you really showed me!

You are a real master of the English language aren't you? Listen *** if all your going to do is defend corporate America, why don't you get on the Glenn Beck show and suck his **** off!

i have a bluray player from walmart and i watch tons on blurays from netflix, never had a problem. where else do you really think your going to get them?

did the blurays have visible damage? if not maybe it is the player.

i just think your story is wierd because blurays and ps3 games have a coating to resist damage. i have a player from wal mart and i watch tons on blurays from netflix with no problem.

We've been customers for a few months now. We decided to start ordering the Blu-ray disks.

The 1st 2 Blu-ray worked ( or if they were even Blu-ray). Now the past 3 wont play.

I have no idea what user MS ME is talking about, this issue is about their disks not playing Blu-ray. Sucks, we've been very happy other than this.

I have been a netflix customer for several months and I love it. They have the best customer service I have ever experienced.

The discs come so quickly it is amazing and the watch it now feature is great. I find movies and tv shows there that I can't find anywhere else.

I have received a couple of bad discs too but they give you the option to report the disc and then send you an immediate replacement. I really can't say anything bad about their service

View more comments (7)
Indianapolis, Indiana

Netflix

When I first began using netflix it was great. I have the three DVD's at a time plan and I was sending/recieving them in about 3-4 days which means I was getting about 6 DVD's a week if I returned them the next day. Now I am lucky if I get 3 DVD's every two weeks! What is the problem?! Why does it all the sudden take 5 days to get a movie after I get the shipping notice email? Eventhough the email will say delivering for wednesday I won't get it untill the following monday (that is if I recieve it at all) I have been recently having problems with not recieving my movies at all and it is not theft as I always pick up my mail just after it is delivered. I am really disapointed in the service I have been getting and am seriously considering canceling my subscription.

maybe the mail man takes ur movies watches them and then gives them to u and keeps the good ones

#192194

Throttle technique is indeed what that are up to. Trust me, I noticed the same pattern after being an on and off customer for years.

The postal system is not to blame (at least for the lack of prompt delivery...) The problem is from the netflix end. They are holding back the movies so you deliberately get fewer in a month.

Even though you send them back on time and note the receipt on your email. Following a strict procedure myself, I calculated this under controlled delivery circumstances, and netflix consistently sent me fewer movies, even though I know FOR SURE they were not delayed in the mail or some B-S like that...

What you described is known as "Throttle" technical. They analyze your turnover each month and if they notice that you are getting more than 15 movies a month then you divide that by your monthly subscription, and if they detect that they are not making money off you, they throttle you by slowing down your subscribe a month to get their profit back.

The difficult part is proving that it is the strategy they are actually using because if it is proven they can be in deep trouble with the law. Solution? Move over to Blockbuster because not only do you get faster service but you can bring your mail-in movie to local blockbuster and exchange it for store movie with no charge (up to 5 a month) with no due date.

I have been happy with Blockbuster and I am a movie freak so they satisfy my fix! I tried redbox for a month just to see if I could get most for my money but redbox suxks so I went back to Blockbuster!

Saint Louis, Missouri

Netflix ripoff

Netflix is continually doing this: Film goes to the top of my list as soon as the release date is posted. Release date comes and then wait. You are lucky to get a second choice release but this sometimes never comes and you start getting movies from further and further down your list. You forgot why they were on the list so you mail them right back, hoping to get your first choice movie. And then you wise up. You find yourself at Walmart or Walgreens or Safeway and you check out the DVD machine. Sure enough, that movie you've been waiting for is there for a dollar. So why am I still sending $18 a month to Netflix. I'm not. I'm cancelling until someone can convince me that they are getting enough copies to satisfy demand within at least two weeks.

My story is that I have many monthly bills taken out of my checking account automatically so I don't have to worry about them each month. I admittedly am terrible about checking my email, which apparently gave them the right to automatically (without acceptance from me) increase my fee from approx $9 to $17 over the last 9 months.

I rarely (maybe 1-2) per month get DVD's. I called them and would have been happy to remain an instant watcher for the amount I had signed up for to begin with if they were willing to reimburse the overcharges. No go! Yeah, I'm sure it's in the fine print that the rate is subject to change and I'm sure that I am the only one to have not read that.

Anyway I'm mad and I'm done with them and I plan to spread the news to anyone that cares to listen. Happy movie watching everyone!

Netflix is a rip off. I understand that you wouldn't be able to view the newer movies, but not being able to view old favorite classics- seriously?

Every movie I thought of, I wasn't able to stream.

I even thought of unpopular movies. Besides foreign films, what exactly does Netflix allow you to stream??

:grin :) 8) :zzz :p :roll lets all sue netflix come on people join me in sueing netflix

Netflix has no problem charging me full price for my subscription, but try to add DVDs to the *** and there's a problem. It's not OK to charge for a service you're not providing.

I think that's called fraud. Cancelled my subscription, I'll be going to redbox like I was doing before I allowed Netflix to scam me.

And if you get a scratched DVD out of a redbox, call them, and they give you a free rental...fancy that. Excellent customer service, those guys.

Netflix had my card on file and charged it each month. My credit card company upgraded me and I believe I provided Netflix with the new card number.

They tried putting through my old number and it failed. They put my service on hold without contacting me first, even though this is probably their error. I called to find out what the problem was. We had trouble identifying it and, when we figured out what it was, I provided them with the new card number again.

The customer service representative said that she was putting the request through and I should have service in 15 minutes. Two hours later, I still did not have service. It turns out she was supposed to ask me for the security code on the back of the card. I asked why they did not call me back when they realized they forgot this information.

I was told they cannot make outgoing phone calls. HOW ***. It was their mistake and I spend all morning trying to fix it. Since I had to pull it out for that phone call, I lost the card and had to run around the house searching for it.

The supervisor I was on the phone with could not be bothered to wait for me to look for the card, even though it was their fault I had to take the card out a second time.

Then, to top it off, not a single person offered to comp me for my troubles. Really????

got new blue ray for the easy download fron netflix and all they got are the old movies i want to see new ones cancelled and going back to the old way rent from store save u money and just rent from store netflix SUCKS

Netflix recently took my subscription off vacation status & sent a movie, even though I had not authorized them to do so. I immediately cancelled my service with them, but they have not offered to return the money to my account.

My credit card info was stolen so I had to get a new credit card number while I was on a six-month gift subscription. Netflix checks your card each month and when they saw the card was no good they stopped my on-line viewing priviledges!! The six-month gift period waqs already paid for and they still turned off my subscription! How can you stop a subscription that is already paid for???

i spoke with customer service and then with a supervisor....she says they do not have the ability to turn it back on without a valid card. That have the ability, they just don't want to......the sign of a truly *** company!

They just lost a customer!

#120477

Netflix charged me during free period and I tried to explain but they will not remove the charge. I can't wait Walmart to come into the online movie arena so we can have more competitions and that will be good for customers. Monopoly creates bad customers service.

I recently moved from Arizona to Michigan, keeping my Netflix account open as I did so. Netflix Arizona was pretty good with sending the movies at the top of my list.

Not so much in Michigan.

I've had movies at the top of my list since October and they are still labeled as "Very long wait." It's now February, so what gives? These movies at the local video store are hardly considered new anymore!

View more comments (11)
ID
#152053 Review #152053 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Prescott Valley, Arizona
Service
Netflix Dvd Rental

Netflix.com Sends Fraudulent Delivery E-mail Notification for DVD Shipments

I have a single DVD monthly plan with Netflix. Their DVD Distribution Warehouse is situated 38 miles from my residence. For several months of my membership, I used to receive regularly 2 DVD's a week. For the last 3-4 weeks, I have been receiving one DVD a week. When questioned about this problem, they blame it on the US Postal Service. They give you no proof of when they ship the DVD to you. When we mail the DVD's back to them they receive it within one business day. But when Netflix ships out the DVD's to me it takes 3-5 business days for delivery to my address. We have deduced that they want to cheat us on our membership plan by sending one DVD per week when we should be receiving 2 DVD's a week as we are promptly sending them back their DVD's on time. Their customer service is cheap and outrageous as they argue with their clients non-stop without providing any resolutions or compensation. Beware of Internet Based Companies as they are prone to cheat their customers one way or another!

For the most part I haven't had any serious issues with Netflix but recently I had one dvd that never showed up and after reporting it missing, they sent a replacement but kept moving the ship dates back, saying that my nearest facility didn't have any more. I eventually got the replacement copy and then got a notice they they had received the missing copy back.

I returned the replacement copy and lo and behold the next on my list hasn't shown up as per shipping dates. I live only about an hour from the nearest shipping facility and it has never taken more than one day for them to recieve the titles back after I have returned.

It seems rather odd to me that there are so many supposed problems with the USPS getting the movies to us but none getting them back to the company

I also believe Netflix does this to limit how many we can get a month even though it clearly states "unlimited". I am on the one-at-a-time plan and at this rate I'm only getting 2 dvds a month which would make my plan almost 5 bucks per title which is definately no bargain compared to my local rental shop

I have been with Netflix for 5 years. I send my movies off and they receive them within a day.

They send me replacement movies the same day and I receive them in 1-2 days.

I love Netflix. I would say it is the Netflix Center that you use.

NM...brain ***..Jan 4 2009 LOL

I've had Netflix for a year and have never had a problem with the dvd shipment, online viewing and the tv watching. Dvd's get here in 1-2 days and my facility is 40 miles from me.

Homepage, try login box and under it forgot login info...

BTW..you're from the future. Your post says April 1, 2009. April fools joke??

Does anyone know how I can retrive my user name and password from Netflix? It says it is wrong!

View more comments (4)
Dallas, Texas
Service
Netflix Membership

Netflix going to the dogs, time to change to another provider

June, 22, 08 Yes, Netflix is going to the dogs. I guess they have too many paying customers and either are making too much profit or getting rid of customers by cutting service to paying customers instead of expanding. Third time I had trouble with tech support in the past week. Once it was a positive experience to deal with a tech rep if you were having a problem, and they were eagar and went out of their way to help you repair the problem. My download capability has been locking up since some software upgrades. The service has been running well for over 8 months, with some past help from a once friendly tech support. Today when I called instead of offering assistance, they suggested buying more ram or a new computer. "WHY? It worked great for the last 8 months, after tech help before. I guess you guys don't need my business anymore," was my reply. The tech guy replied, " well if you feel that way about it." Can you believe? A previous problem with low volume sound on some movie playback downloads was met with this reply from a obnoxious tech support rep, " well have you considered buying external speakers?" " I own two laptaps, why would I want huge speakers to interfere with their mobility, " was mine, grrrrrrrrrrr. This along with the other problem previously noted by other Netflix customers concerning the turn around time getting movies taking four days or up to a week or longer is becoming intolerable. With a Customer Service department listening but offering no help with that problem either, nor any type of compensation, except the continual reply that they are aware of the problem. With a RedBox popping uo everywhere in Philadelphia and Blockbuster offering incentives for my return, I guess I'll reduce or cancel my service with Netflix and spend my hard earned $ else where. So people you are not alone and the only way Netflix will get the message is to take your business elsewhere. For a dollar you get a 36 hour rental from Redbox and you can reserve your movie online, so its there when you arrive. If there is a problem, there is even a telephone customer service number online where a tech can give you a promo code to use next time for the $1 you lost. No wait, no excuses, no line and in some places like outside locations and 24 hour stores, you get 24 hour service. With the money I spend on Netflix thats 24 movies a month. Not Bad at all.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

NET FLIX took half my month away!!

Just signed up for a month of on line movie downloads,,,what a deal only $8.99 a month! Great cuz I was only here a month before I left the country again where I get no movies. So as I am getting ready to leave I started calling and canceling all my subscriptions before the renew date. Every service I have ever suscribed to always sends an email "thanks for your business, your subscription has been canceled, you can use your remaining time you paid for till (the date)" So right afterwards I signed on to watch my last 2 weeks of movies........NOT with Net Flix,,,,,,,,,I was terminated for good!!! So I called and complained, it took asking for a manager. They agreed to give me a 2 week trial membership to make up for it,,,,how nice,,,but was a lot of hassel to get them to to it. after one movie it locked up on the second movie and said my account was on hold. So I called again, oh my it will take 5 days to get the right department to un-do the hold. So here I am no movies, maybe for the the last 5 days before i leave I may have access,,,,,,,,,,,,but what mess!!!! NET FLIX has serious problems,,,,,never in my life have I had this much mess, buyer beware!!!

Maybe i should of mentioned i live abroad 9 months a year,,,if you wait till last minute to cancel subscriptions murphy is working against you,,,they will screw up and keep charging you. All I did was internet movies ,,,had no dvds to return. Any other subscription,,internet ect lets you have access till end of the time you paid for...thats all,,,not rocket science

If you cancel today, why expect service tomorrow ? If you want service through the end of the month, tell them you want your service terminated on xx date.

Nothing but rocket scientists here I see.. :cry

@Fired by Netflix

If you cancel an account, OF COURSE Netflix wants their DVD back. It's their property...

I found this site to look up a product I am considering, seen a lot of complaints, and then looked up NETFLIX to see if there were a lot on here, to check complaint credibility.. NETFLIX is the most customer service friendly company I ever came in contact with.

I had it years ago, sent back the dvds, and did not update my que... 6 months of charges took place that I did not notice until looking on my statement for something else. I called them, hoping to get a few months back b/c I did not recieve any dvds in that time, and they gave me back all 6 months. They are readily available via phone 24 hrs a day with no wait time when calling, and they appreciate you....

anyone that tells you differently is just one of those people who find something bad no matter where they go...and are looking for a way to blame their misery.... take care all....

I have had a similar experience. I canceled my subscription mid-month and was cut-off that day.

So they walk off with half of the monthly subscription fee in return for nothing. And I was a subscriber for several years. Oh and they want their DVD back immediately too, or they will charge me fees, etc. Call off the dogs Netflix!

I am putting the

DVD in the mailing Monday.

I hope I don't get sued! I will NOT consider re-joining them again.

View more comments (4)
ID
#119255 Review #119255 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Seattle, Washington
Product
Netflix Subscription

Netflix- false advertising

Neflix advertises and on their website states that when I pay to join I can watch movies on line. Not. I live in US Virgin Islands and upon joining, paying and trying the service, find out that it is restricted to 50 States. Well put that in your ad or on your website !! I need a reduced rate or an increased number of movies, since Im paying for a service that I cannot get. Hey Im an American Citizen living in land with American Flag and all the niceities of American Paradise. Except Netflix online. And sometimes major league baseball playoffs.

i have had netflix for five months now and everytime a payment is late they send me an email saying that i will NOT have to pay for the days i have missed...which is not true at all i have always payed full price and never had an extra week or two weeks off of a bill for the days i missed out on netflix...when i phoned today about this issue the lady pretty much told me they dont give days off and you do get the days you missed free..okay if thats true were are my free days and how do i get them? i asked ...she said i dont get them but you dont pay for days i have missed well heres a news flash as soon as the payment doesnt go through they cut your netflix off same day...so is this not false advertisement?

or am i nuts?? extreamy pissed off to the point i am no longer a member never will be again and nor will my friend or family...i rather stream the shows i like off my computer to my t.v lol :(

i use a debit card with no problems, and i doubt their harvesting information

They also show in the TOU that a debit card can be used for the account,but when you sign up online it rejects the app. saying a debit card cannot be used. AFTER obtaining your personal information and cc number, are they harvesting and selling personal information?

Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania