I gave the gift of 3 months of Netflix, for $25.65.I did not sign up to be a member or for any monthly membership services.

Netflix falsely advertises this 3 month gift, as it is not actually a 3 month gift, it is a membership that must be canceled. I was charged $8.55 nine times for services I did not use. After my 3 month period which I had paid for had passed, I no long used Netflix, yet they continued to charge me an addition $76.95 which I did not approve of.

When I contacted Netflix which this problem, they offered only to refund one payment of $8.55 and while I was expecting at the very minimum for them to apologize, I instead had to deal with horrible, rude attitudes from the employes.Do not waste your money!!!!

Review about: Netflix Membership.

Had an Experience with Netflix?

Comments

I also question if you were the giver or the receiver?

What you're experiencing only makes sense if you are the receiver of a gift.

They very clearly inform you in the ToS (which you should always read in full BEFORE you agree!) that you are agreeing to be charged per month after the 3 months.

From the Terms of Service: "At the end of the Gift Subscription, Recipient authorizes Netflix to automatically renew the membership and bill Recipient's payment method monthly for membership fees and applicable tax unless Recipient cancels prior to the end of the Gift Subscription. Recipient further authorizes Netflix to charge Recipient's payment method each month for the membership fees plus applicable tax until Recipient cancels the Netflix membership. Although the membership is cancelable at anytime, there is no refund or credit for partially used periods."

hey did you give or did you get a 3 month gift .and theb only way a gift can be used is on a active acct with your credit card on it, a free accts are on 31 days if you dont want it the same way you call any other company is to cancell it

this is what you said: After my 3 month period which I had paid for had passed, I no long used Netflix, yet they continued to charge me an addition $76;.95 which I did not approve of

nikalseyn

I suppose it is just too much trouble for you to check your credit card statements every month?You snooze, you lose.

You messed up. That's how you learn. Next time read the fine print and look carefully at each month's statement.

This is how you learn.Eventually you become a responsible adult.