Verified Reviewer

I received 2 gift cards worth $30 each at Christmas 2019.

I used the first one when I decided to open a Netflix account in the Autumn of 2020. On Jan 21st 2021, I scratched the foil of the second card to use its code as my form of payment.

Upon entry, it bounced back a message stating that the code had already been used!

What!?! How could this be!?! I JUST scratched the foil off.

I opened an online costumer service chat, and they wanted me to ask the person that gave me the cards, where they came from (in 2019!!??), and to take the card back where they purchased it and tell them. Wow.

No one in their right mind would remember where they bought the cards 2 years ago....

I requested a replacement code instead, that it would suffice, and make things right. However, they refused. I requested to talk with the supervisor, they were a no show after waiting 10 min.

I could not continue the conversation any longer.

I CALLED costumer service the following day, and the exact conversation was replicated, down to the no show supervisor!

Ugh.

Netflix farms out their costumer service. And I requested to speak with someone in the USA, they gave me the run around and said, no.

User's recommendation: Don't even bother to chat or call. They will not help you.

Preferred solution: A new code or credit worth $30.

Comments