130K views

Netflix no longer allows me to login! I know the ID and Password are correct but it still tells me:

The login information you entered does not match an account in our records. Remember, your email address is not case-sensitive, but passwords are.

What makes it even more frustrating is that it will work on some of my devices but not others.

For example I can login in to netflix on my nintendo 3ds and ipad but I can no longer login on my laptop or iphone.

keeps telling me my password is wrong!

HELP! I know the password is right!

Comments

Why can't i get into Netflix in my ps3 like iknow my password and email but it tells meThe login information you entered does not match an account in our records. But when u log in my phone its all good can some one help me out with that ASAP !!!!!

I was having same issue with Netflix app on my dish satellite I went into menu to settings, then to dianostics, factory defaults and selected deactivate netflix and now it's working

I just had the same problem...reset the tv to factory defaults...(vizio) set it back up...worked fine

Thank you! Same thing is happening to me.

I know the email AND password but it still says it's wrong.

I put in the password, then it says it's wrong and changes it to a different password than I put in. HELP.

@Anonymous

This just happened to me right now! It works on my mom's tv, but won't work on my wii that I'm using or my laptop. I don't know what to do!

I had this same issue. I could NOT log into Netflix on my Vizio smart TV, but I had no problem using those same credentials on my phone and my PC.

This proves that the login credentials I used on the Vizio TV were correct.

I had my daughter come in and try her login credentials for her Netflix account, and we got the same "does not match an account" result, even though her same credentials currently worked on other devices. This meant it wasn't Netflix at all, but something on the Vizio TV.

I reset my Vizio TV back to factory defaults, opened the Netflix app and tried my login again.

This time it worked! Bottom line - the Netflix app on the TV was hanging on to bad information and passing that along to Netflix - no matter what you entered into the user name and password fields.

I win - TV loses.

Call their support number. 1 (866) 579-7172

I have exactly the same issue. When attempting to login on my phone or laptop it would say: "the login information you entered does not match an account in our records.

Remember, your email address is not case-sensitive, but passwords are". however when using my ipad it worked perfectly fine, this is incredibly infuriating as mainly use my laptop.

Also i've tried all of the solutions on the Netflix help site and none of them seem to work. Anyone got any suggestions?

@Anonymous

Stop using the app on your computer and please start using the website. Issue resolved for your PC.

Powercycle phone and reinstall app.

Issue resolved for your phone.

I know my pass word iss rite

Why can't I view comments on this review? I have the same issue and want to know how this was resolved.

#992059

I had the same problem, I had used the same email and password for years and it would tell me it was incorrect. I simply called them and got help within a minute. Apparently it was a 'typo' with the email and they worked their magic and now I can sign in!!

@Anonymous

Who did you call netflix?

My Netflix won't log in on my iPhone but will log in on my tv!!! Keeps saying wrong password

Has anyone worked this out yet?

So annoying that I can log on to Netflix on my Samsung S3 but not my iPhone 5s or macbook pro! Defo using the right password I have tried over and over!

So I was having the same issue logging in to my Netflix, and all I had to do was log out of Netflix on my other devices, and I was then able to log in with no problem (previously it had told me multiple times my password and user name was incorrect, but I knew I had it right). Once I logged out on the other devices I had absolutely no problem.

Hope this helps!--PS.

Fnayizright there is no need for your *** *** responses, but I did find them entertaining and couldn't help but laugh. In the words of Will Ferrell-"you're an Angry ELF !!!

Has anyone been able to resolve this issuse?

Im having this same issue. It's on my XL that I just transfered my smaller size to today.

I've reinstalled the app and double checked my password on netflix itself. I signed out on my pc and used the password and logged in no problem. I even signed out all of my auto connect devices. Ive re-entered my email address and password dozens of times checking for spelling very carefully.

It's def not user error. Something is broken here.

Used to work for one of their call centers. It is ALWAYS USER ERROR.

Can't log in? You're not using the right username and password. You say it's right? It was originally saved with a typo that you were unaware of or someone has changed your username or password or both.

You say no one has changed it? (kid in background fesses up) bingo. Or kid grabs device while we're on phone and kid can log in in two seconds. Or in the middle of the call you suddenly remember it was your OTHER username and pw that you like to use or it was the other cat name or dog name.

Have even had this ffkkng call, after getting ripped a new one, come to discover they meant to call Hulu. Effnay call agents take such useless bboollshiiidz hour upon hour, day after day, ffkkng mind numbing shhiiitt to put up with.

Can't log in? ALWAYS USER ERROR

@Fnayizright

I'm not your average grandmother. I'm the guy computer experts call when they need to ask a technology question.

I'll sum it up by saying that I guarantee your pedigree can't compare to mine.

I've double and triple checked everything and I can not log in. I've checked my saved passwords in browser security. I reset password just in case. I double checked spelling on my new password via the computer.

I signed out all devices in netflix account management. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I cleared saved netflix data on the 3ds. I re-entered the information letter by letter every time I tried in over a dozen attempts.

I triple checked my typed case. I tried multiple internet connections. I checked on 2 other systems (my daughters and sons) and both worked correctly.

I made sure my system was up to date and that my date/time was set correctly. I waited an hour to make sure that the password reset had time to update through the netflix databases.

Still think there is a user error issue here?