130K views

Netflix no longer allows me to login! I know the ID and Password are correct but it still tells me:

The login information you entered does not match an account in our records. Remember, your email address is not case-sensitive, but passwords are.

What makes it even more frustrating is that it will work on some of my devices but not others.

For example I can login in to netflix on my nintendo 3ds and ipad but I can no longer login on my laptop or iphone.

keeps telling me my password is wrong!

HELP! I know the password is right!

Comments

@Anonymous

I’m having same issue

same here ;/ any luck with your problem?

Solved the issue. It appears Google SmartLock was somehow interrupting the Netflix login.

After calling Netflix they directed me to this: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/470. In my Google settings I disabled saving passwords. A bit ham-fisted - better would be to block Netflix app which I may try in the future. Go to the link and select the section for your device type.

Follow the link that reads something like "Disable Google Smart Lock...". Follow it and disable Google SmartLock for either Netflix or in general (I'm not sure how it works on different devices) then on your devices settings clear Netflix's 'saved data' or whatever it is on your device. Or uninstall then reinstall the Netflix app. Which ever works better on your device.

Try Netflix again.

If it still fails call Netflix support. It worked for me

Keilana

Having the same issue! I can sign in on my ipad but not my pc! What the heck?????

I have logged into Netflix using the tv in the room with my password however I can't log into Netflix using the tv in the lounge using my correct email address and correct password...says incorrect email or password..very frustrating

I can login into NETFLIX on My Iphone Xr.....but it says I'm NOT on the Internet....But ALL my others apps and clients are working....???? ....I've checked my Networking settings on the Iphone ALL fine.......Help

Same issue. I could sign in this morning, one tv works fine with Netflix but iPhone and iMac will not allow me to access account info with correct username and password.

It seems that this is a big, and ongoing issue. So many people 17 pages and growing posting about the same problem.

I now add myself to that list. The thing I do not understand is why I don't see anything posted by anyone at NETFLIX offering assistance, , or even a good old fashioned customer service move like, acknowledging the problem, AND the frustrated customers on who's money they depend, and trying to help resolve it?? if they are unable to or are "working on it" TELL US!!! WTF is up with the sending messages into the ether *** Where is tech SUPPORT, and customer SERVICE???

I have 25yrs of customer service experience and training and this is so far beyond unacceptable it might almost funny. If it wasn't so frustrating. Actually, maybe it should be funny, Cuz it certainly isa big ¿#@% JOKE!!!

VVERY BAD FORM NETFLIX. CLEAN IT UP.

@JCAghiari

I can’t log on to Apple TV with my info that is on 3 Apple TVs, 2 iPads, 2 computers, .

I agree,ive tried several times on my ipad and it doesnt seem to work,plz fix

Its been happening for years and the bastards wont even address the issue. They just want your money. Netflix can eat a bag of ***

You've been hacked. We just had the same thing happen.

Call Netflix and make all necessary login changes (username/password).

Takes about 8 hours from when you call to when you can use it again. Hope this helps.

Well, it is good to see we aren't alone. Netflix was working fine for us, up until 2 weeks ago when it randomly logged me out of my media player (android box for non smart tv) so now, when I try to log in, it says email address or password is incorrect, yet I have signed in to my Netflix account with those exact details on my phone, no problem.

Has anyone managed to find a way around this issue yet? I have used the web browser to sign in to Netflix, and then it opens up the app, which instantly signs me out.

I am having the same issue! I can log in on my desktop and my ipad, but not my laptop.

My grandson uses my account across town, and he has no issues either.

It's just my laptop. Very frustrating.

@Debbie

It is probably because you already reached the limit of account users

Keilana
@Yermom

Um, no, my grandson has been a user on my account for a couple of years. And I can sign on from other devices, just not my laptop.

I also just got a message from Netflix saying my account was logged in by someone in Maccau. I need to change the password, however, the links to do so won't work because it says it does not recognize my pw or phone as being associated with a file, even tho' I received email from them at the address they claim not to recognize.

When I called, I was asked for the last 8 numbers or my cc on file. I am not comfortable with that, so I told them to close down my account but they then said the person who had access would have control of my account if I did that. This doesn't sound right.

Anyone have this problem? I am not giving my cc # up at this point.

I have changed my password recently so I know my password is correct but it still will let me login

I have the same problem today.. :( not able to login via browser.

Can someone please fix this ASAP.

its frustrating.. NETFLIX please NETFIX it.

@Skanda

I've been having the same problem for more than 2 weeks on every device.