This site suggests that I add to my post,yet I can no longer find it.

I filed an IRS form concerning Netflix charging too much taxes. Then I contacted Corporate via email. They were to address a customer service rep by name. Netflix then lowered my tax from 7% to 5.35%. I live in Florida and I am sure that they did not make the same offer to everyone being over charged? People need to file tax fraud forms with the IRS and show copies of their bills to them.

That is how we can stop Netflix and start an investigation process that will really hurt them!

John B

Review about: Netflix Streaming Service.

Had an Experience with Netflix?

Comments

My tax rate has changed 5 times this year alone.I am in Panama City Florida.

Tax varies from 34¢ to 40¢ I just noticed today.:( I don't mind paying taxes just kind of frustrated that it has been done without my knowledge and so suspiciously-- changing constantly-- it has literally fluctuated every month for the last year.

I have the same issue.I called to complain that I was being charged the Los Angeles 10% rate, when I don't live there any longer, and their only response was to say that I was being charged the correct rate.

They didn't even explain their rationale.I canceled my account immediately.

Just got off the phone with a Netflix rep, I called to complain about the $8.39 charges that used to be the advertised $7.99, and he said that it's because my state is taxing me (possible "tax change" he says)

This is ***, they're all coming up with fake reasons and from reading everyone else's complaints it seems like they're committing a tax fraud. I instantly had them cancel my account

Everyone should just bombard their social media sites with complaints about this to alert the other 27 million users (because yes, like someone else said, even though it may be a couple cents for everyone, that equals out to thousands of dollars in collection total!!)

.40 cents is not much to cry about but it's the principle, and well, it does add up over time. I don't feel like being charged random amounts and knowing that they're getting away with this makes me even more pissed.

Filed a complaint against Netflix with the Florida Attorney General

First, I'm in Clearwater, Fla., and I am on the $7.99 plan.Over the past year I have seen the taxes charged on my Netflix account vary from month-to-month -- both UP and DOWN.

For example, $8.62 (7.88%) in Jan. and Feb. Down to $8.54 (6.88%) Mar. through Jul.

Now up to $8.75 (9.51%).

I don't mind paying taxes so long as I know what they are.If Netflix knows enough to charge itemized taxes on a state-by-state basis then they know enough to itemize them on my bill statements.

I just had a "tax" increase added to my Netflix.My $7.99 bill raised from a 7% tax the last few months to now a 8.5%.

The representative initially told me it was my credit card creating the charge and then tried to tell me we had a state tax increase before she diverted my claim. Yes, it is relatively small amount to spend time over BUT the principle is important.

Incidentally, she also stated that her state didn't have a tax.Sounds like the Netflix staff was trained on "tax" inquiry rebuttals.

Just renewed my Netflix last night at the rate 0f $7.99, only to find I was charged $8.58 plus the $1.00 'verification fee.' I called and was told "your institution" is charging the tax, not us -- claiming that the tax assessment was not their doing (was she actually trying to imply that my bank is charging me tax on Netflix's service?!).When the representative realized I knew better than that, she quickly diverted from that claim.

I see nowhere on the site about charging a tax; furthermore, Netflix is denying the charge is at their end. While the amount is minimum, the issue is substantial. Netflix's claims that they have over 27 million subscribers -- if this is true, and each subscriber were charged a tax averaging between 7-8% "tax," that's an unjustified collection of $16,000,200 (a collection they are not even claiming responsibility for!).

THAT, is no small issue.Clearly, I immediately terminated my account.

@AEB The state of CT charges a 1% tax on computer services. From ct.gov/drs:

"Computer and Data Processing Services: The termination of the tax on computer and data processing services scheduled to take place on July 1, 2004, has been repealed. The services remain taxable at 1%."

I called to complain about taxing my account the *** at netflix told me my bank the the one charging me tax I told him he was full of ***.Taxing is one thing but overcharging a tax is another 8.78% in Florida no 7% where I live plus i called Dept of Revenue and was told Florida has no tax on streaming.

If i can get that in writing its time to jam them up with the Florida attorney general and IRS for tax fraud.NetFlix SUCKS I hope they get busted for tax fraud

I live in FL and am experiencing the same issue. I called and was told as well by Netflix they just charge the flat 7.99 that it has to be the state charging the tax. Interesting since they never did before.