We've been Netflix subscribers for YEARS (at least 4), without any account issues.Recently, my boyfriend lost his debit card and while we waited for a new one, I put mine on file.

It should be noted that it is a shared account, we share an address and both our names are on file. When we tried to stream, we were told to check our account and that there was a problem. We looked and it all looked fine, I figured it might be one of many frequent streaming issues we and others have experienced recently. The next day the issue was the same, so we called Customer Service.

The girl said our account was on hold because a new card was on file. I can appreciate a company looking out for fraud, so we reconfirmed our info and she said she saw what went wrong and it would be fixed within 3 days. 3 days is a lot to wait for a service return, but we're patient and busy anyway. Day 4 or 5 rolls around, no service.

We called again and had the issue escalated, a Supervisor said it could be resolved once we faxed them a signature. Who has a fax machine? Maybe I'm in the dark and it's a lot of people, but I'm not one of them. We said forget it, it's not worth the effort.

I do understand the Supervisor's explanation of a crack down on new credit cards, but the card matched a name on the account and furthermore I never disputed charges with the bank. We were loyal customers and were met with a "see ya later" attitude... I was unfailingly polite too, I have a background in cust. service and know being nice gets you further.

But Netflix doesn't practice retention or convenience...

we'll do without.It's a business model doomed to fail.

Review about: Netflix Account.

Had an Experience with Netflix?

Comments