Boston, Massachusetts
6.2K views 50 comments

I was reviewing my charge history for the past year as I was doing my taxes.I found that I had been charged twice a month for Netflix.

I went online to chat and have it refunded. I spent 40 minutes and finally spoke with a supposed manager. I was told I needed to call netflix and give them a reference number, then they would do a 3-way call with my credit card company and authorize some kind of a reverse transaction. I called the netflix number and gave the guy the reference number as I was told.

The rep who answered said that was crazy because they only refund for the previous month. I cancelled Netflix when they split the dvds and instant for double cost. Never should have re-signed for the instant streaming.

Use Amazon prime.They have way better movies available anyway.

Review about: Double Charges.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Netflix Streaming Service
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $96
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Netflix?

Comments

baylorbears1982
Concord, North Carolina, United States #1341665

Netflix strikes again!!!!! Netflix has double and triple charged me for 18 months...Called several times and as always a third world country rep answers and will not route you to the states....I called Bank Of America and got it taken care of.....This is clearly fraud and Netflix and Bank of America know this to be a fact.......DO NOT CALL NETFLIX CALL YOUR BANK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ron guest
Hamilton County, Tennessee, United States #1311672

I discovered Netflix has double billed me for the last 4 months. trying to uninstall but can't, same problem, goodbye Netflix.

Seems like this is a NETFLIX business practice.Instead of unique customer account numbers of which an e-mail is a form of contact or perhaps a login, the e-mail is the account.

Hello NETFLIX, it is SLIMY and a DECEPTIVE business practice designed to intentionally deceived consumers for the sole purpose of generating fees.

My credit card provider switched – resulting in new credit card being issued. When NETFLIX contacted me about the failure to process, I updated my e-mail address to my new and current e-mail address.

Surprise, I’m now seeing that NETFLIX created another account.

So they updated the CC information in the “original” account (hence the reason it continued to charge on the 5th of the month) and created a new account as a result of updating the e-mail address associated with my “original account” (which charges at the end of the month). What the heck.

They are able to refund me one month and close one of the accounts.

If I were NETFLIX, why change? It has to be worth millions. They claim to have 60 million customers.

What %age are actually zombies? They can change your fees by requiring that you close your account as your e-mail changes. Remember, changing your e-mail is surprise a new account. If I were a litigator, I would see what if any angle I could approach from a class action law suit for deceptive business practices.

NETFLIX knows exactly what it is doing. In fact, their system can link...

If their system is able to do this, then they are clearly aware of issue and perpetrate the deception as a matter of business practice BTW – I was told that it was not possible for NETFLIX to have customer account numbers instead of e-mail addresses as they are a streaming service and have 60 million customers.Not that I like ATT, but it has almost 135 million cellular customers and has no problem issuing account numbers that remain unchanged irrespective of the e-mail updates.

Netflix didn't double bill you, you simply setup two accounts and waited years to call in about.

It its not netflix's job to manage your account they just react when you call

Its true that there is a limit on credits we also cannot issue credits if there are more than 2 hours of viewing history.

Its largely misunderstood that netflix somehow is responsible because people make multiple accounts with the same payment method then later get up like we put them in this position?

At the end of the day netflix isn't the agressor its you, your best options would be to fight the charges with the bank or call it a loss.

Source : Former Supervisor at Netflix

#1019688

I switched credit cards and informed Netflix.

They continued to charge me on both cards I tried to get a refund.

(I have 1 TV, but they had 2 email addresses and used this to deny a refund for any more than 3 months, as if that justified 2 accounts!)

BE VERY CAREFUL THEY WILL KEEP CHARGING YOU ON BOTH CARDS even if you switch cards.

Slimey!

Same thing happened to me.Called last May to change e-mail on my account....single account.

So I assumed I only had one account now with a new e-mail address... well no they didn't close the first one. I just ended up with two. How was I supposed to know or be responsible for the fact they they never closed access to the first e-mail as a separate account.

That was not what my request was for. So they had been billing me at both my original amt. of 7.99 a month and then 8.99 a month for almost a year for two accounts but as far as I know, and what my request was to them, I only intended and wanted to have one account. They told me over the phone that they would only give me one month refund.

What a scam.

Cancelled my account.Really pathetic considering I was a paying customer since 2011.

Eric

Consumer is an ***. Had multiple devices across two different accounts and didn't know the other account was still active. Here's a tip, check your bank account statements every month, ***.

I guess this is rather old now, so maybe commenting is irrelevant, but this is a terrible complaint.The reason for the double charging is clear on the first screen of the transcript.

The person had 2 accounts that were active on different devices for a full year. Right there the plaintiff is in the wrong! Is that not obvious??

The mere fact that Netflix customer service still tried to get their refund is a courtesy.

All throughout the rest of the transcript the reps are telling him/her exactly what needs to be done, why it has to be done that way, and even provides alternative methods to get it done (that is, to get the refund that isn't warranted).Yet the customer doesn't listen to any of it, throws their arms up (figuratively) in frustration and self-indignation, and pouts off to the Internet.

trumpetman
Denver, Colorado, United States #875883

I have also been charged twice a month for over a year! I cannot get them to stop this!

Mitch
Sneads, Florida, United States #872042

If you would like to sue these SOBs and get your money back email me at lmitchell2053@gmail.com