Netflix pauses videos 4-5 mins in

170 of 834 Netflix reviews

I detest the "Continue Playing" icon that pops up when watching Netflix!I stretch out and watch them on my couch and every other episode I have to get up and tell it to continue playing.

What irritates me more than anything is the complete denial Netflix makes of this issue. I "Chatted" their supposed Customer Service rep and they denied having a clue what I was talking about, so I called the CS number. The person I spoke with was nice, but also denied any knowledge of this happening. After a short argument, he admitted that Netflix does have this happen intentionally but it is only for their customers' benefit and it only happens every 3rd episode (I'm getting it at least every other episode, sometimes with only half an episode in between).

If it's only for their customers' benefit, they need to give us the option to turn it off. His only suggestion was that he would add my name to the list of complaints, but they only look at complaints after many people have complained.

He said there is simply no way to pass my frustration on to someone who may actually be able to do something about it.My answer to him is that I will call every hour to raise the number of complaints to a level they consider concerning.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Continue playing button

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Make this an option that can be turned off and you will satisfy your customers
Product or service
Broadcasting
Review category
Entertainment
review #617911

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Netflix? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 1 No 1
Had the same issue 5 Yes 5
170 of 834 Netflix reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 28, 2015 #1000866

Can't believe that they flat out lied about this. It's been in effect for quite some time. I watch from bed ... get all nice and comfy and next thing I know I have to roll over and fumble for the remote. Drives me up the wall.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Netflix. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Netflix.
Filing a new complaint about
×