I've been a avid Netflix customer for several years now. Yes, I got twisted over their price changes, then I got a better deal for '4' and that was cool.

Lately, though, I have the creeping feeling that another screwing is in our midst, just a sneakier one than before.

It started with grossly increased 'Previews', from the typical 2 or 3, it zoomed up to 6 or 7. I joked that I sometimes forgot what the movie was before I got through the Previews. But I just skipped through them or fast-forwarded to the film I'd rented. No problemo. Until ....

I began getting little error messages when I clicked on 'Skip', saying, 'Ah, ah, ahhh! Can't do that! At least, not here and not now.' Huh?

Never heard that before. I figured: my monitor; my DVD player, a DVD I'd paid to view (as I wished, I always believed) and now the movie maker was telling me "If you want to skip previews; buy the film; if you RENT one, you do it on OUR terms, not YOURS.

OMG! Now friendly, prompt, likable Netflix morphed into Big Brother with the greatest of ease.

I could almost hear the lad on the other end doing the 'old soft shoe' as he spieled out the company line on the issue: Netflix doesn't control the contents of disks from studios ... has no influence over them, like 'nada'.

Yes, they've gotten complaints.

I asked if he thought anyone would believe that El Gigantico Netflix with its MILLIONS of subscribers couldn't worry the accountants if it told them (the studios) that they could remove all these tacky, crass, greedily capitolistic infringements of a renter's right to watch a movie IN PEACE.

It's like this: You rent 'Leaving Las Vegas' to review its portrayal of one man's descent into alcoholism ....... but before that happens you have to watch trailers for 'Porky's All-Time Wild Party', 'Can You Drink This?', 'Big Bill's Tiny Bikini's and Cocoa Tans to go With Them'.

You can only know when the movie starts by WATCHING THE BLOODY PREVIEWS of nubile ditzettes and slobbering knuckle-draggers giving you serial pieces of the worst schlock imaginable, this side of 'I *** on Your Grave'.

I know if this word gets out The Movie Watching Public can take a stand as it has before with this nemesis and MAKE THEM CHANGE!.

Can you imagine? FORCING YOU TO WATCH CRASS COMMERCIALS FOR MOVIES YOU WOULDN'T SEE IF HORSES DRAGGED YOU TO THE NEAREST MULTIPLEX!

Don't put up with it.

Review about: Netflix Dvd Rental.

Comments

#719503

Hit fast forward on your dvd player and you will fast forward through the previews and it will stop at the point when the movie plays. Then hit play and enjoy your movie.

The studios and producers create the content, discs, not NF.